NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

It Was A Great Thanksgiving


It Was A Great Thanksgiving

Was?  What do you mean was? Its not even Thursday yet?

The Cranky house celebrates Thanksgiving every year on the Sunday before the third Thursday in November.  We do this as our guests all have different plans with divided families on the actual day, so we jump the gun.

The result is I am currently recovering from turkey overload.  It is a groggy bloated condition that lasts until the leftovers are gone.

This Thursday we are having an untraditional Thanksgiving Duck, as we will be turkeyied out.

So I will still be feasting, just without the family and friends, and I will still watch the traditional Detroit Lions losing to someone football game.

And don’t forget the traditional Thanksgiving Song:

TURKEY DAY


To the tune of Buddy Holly's "Everyday" (GIYP)


Turkey Day it’s a gettin closer
Who don’t love a tasty oven roaster
A well-cooked bird will surely come my way
A-hay, a-hay, a great day 



 Turkey Day, goin to be a- crazy
A great big meal, then get really lazy
A well-cooked bird will surely come my way
A-hay, a-hay, a great day

Turkey Day, Lions get their ass beat
Either way, just give me some white meat
Come that day
Right in front of my seat
Pumpkin pie for me

Turkey Day it’s a gettin closer
Who don’t love a tasty oven roaster
Turkey and gravy will surely come my way
A-hay, a-hay, a great day
Turkey Day, goin to be a- crazy
A great big meal, then get really lazy
Thanksgiving is, sure my favorite day
Oh, I luv, Thanksgiving Day



HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!


15 comments:

  1. We already had our turkey dinner with our yacht club. We're having roast beef. Works for us and no leftovers. We don't want to gain the extra pounds.

    Have a fabulous day and a very happy Thanksgiving, Joe. 😎

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had ours last Saturday with tons of food and folks! It was good but I'm glad tomorrow I can relax and just have a good steak on the grill. Happy Thanksgiving! I love the song too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you just have to do what works! A great way to circumvent all of the other dinners you attend....I hope you enjoy every one! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought for sure you'd be having pasta, but I guess duck works!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, Joe. We will have a traditional Thanksgiving tomorrow (Thursday). Roast pork loin. This year in the slow cooker. Wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't do Thanksgiving here, which is fine with me since I don't like turkey. Many people do though and some Aussies have a turkey Christmas dinner instead or as well as the traditional baked ham. With the weather usually being hot, (HOT), some people have cold seafood and salads, cold sliced ham, and fruit like watermelons etc. In years past everyone did the hot Christmas dinner thing, but I think 99% of the cooks are glad to have that changed for a cold spread.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had ours on Tuesday night. The new traditional Thanksgiving steak dinner, with The Pony in his college town. Hick and I will have ours Thursday. I don't know what, but it will be bought somewhere between Norman, Oklahoma and Backroads, Missouri. We'll have our third Thanksgiving dinner on Friday around 11:30 a.m., with Genius, at the restaurant of his choosing, close to the highway, so he can head back to Kansas City afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We don't do Thanksgiving either. I sometimes feel we are missing something. Glad you had a good feast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha. Happy Thanksgiving. I'm way late, in your case, I guess.

    Go Lions?

    ReplyDelete
  11. My kids are bringing Thanksgiving dinner to our house tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Thanksgiving, and i really like that song!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have the Lions ever won on Thanksgiving? Sigh. Hope your duck has left overs too. Best part of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Thanksgiving Joe. The Lions were soooo close/)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Turkey overload? I don't understand...

    ReplyDelete