NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Thursday, November 1, 2018

How Boring Are You?


How Boring Are You?

People often ask me,

“Cranky, you are a child of the sixties, a crazy period in our country.  A time of sex, drugs and rock and roll.  A time of protests, a time of rebellion, oh the things you must have seen, the things you must have done.  How many times have you been arrested, what is the craziest place where you have had sex, what drugs did you take, how many battles did you fight?”

Surprisingly enough, I was pretty boring, even in the sixties.

“How boring were you?”

Sex?  I got to second base with maybe three different women before I was first married…how crazy is that?

Drugs?  I never had a drink until college and then only beer, I took a drag from a joint when I was 22, and I actually saw someone snort coke but I turned it down when it was offered.

Rock and Roll?  I listened, I tapped my feet, I hardly ever danced.  The first concert I ever went to was John Denver (What, that’s not rock and roll…never mind).  I learned about Woodstock on Monday morning after the event.

Protests? I complained about having to wear a tie at dinner every night in college.

I started smoking cigarettes when I dated a girl who smoked.

I started drinking heavy every day while married to my second wife, probably better than pushing her off a cliff.  Well at least that 12 years wasn’t boring!

I’ve been ticked for speeding once in fifty years, and that was an unavoidable speed trap for revenue gathering purposes…Oh, and I once got a parking ticket.

I did get into three fights in grade school, I won 2 and lost 1.  I think there were punches thrown but there was no blood.

Sky dive...no, scuba dive…no, flown a plane…no, I did race sailboats, in the bay, not the ocean, does that count for excitement…no? Dang!

I’ve never gambled more than $50, and only slot machines.

My only academic award was on a Latin test…honorable mention in a dead language, how is that for boring?

In high school I owned a sports car, but I never street raced it.

I got detention in school for talking in study hall, but I was never suspended, and I never cut a class.  What was my grade average in both high school and college? 
Drum roll please…
"C”.
How boring am I?  I got nothing else, I’m so boring even my examples of boring are boring.

How boring are you? 

21 comments:

  1. Wow. I guess you were born to be mi-ii-ii-ild.

    We won't talk about the gambling. Let's just say I've got you beat. You HAVE made out with more women than me, though. So there's that. And you lead in fights, sailboat races, and daily drinking. However...I've been stopped 8 times for speeding. With either 2 or 3 tickets. And yes, one of them WAS a speed trap! A MO State Trooper had the nerve to ask me, "Do you know how fast you were going?" My answer was, "Pretty fast."

    So...how boring am I? Pretty boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be a lot less boring than I am now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me there's been no smoking, no drinking, no driving, so possibly I'm more boring than you. I was a bit too young to get on the hippie bandwagon, it came late to our shore anyway and I really didn't fancy living a life where I didn't wash myself or my clothes. I was just one of those who did as I was told most of my life, without question too. Pretty dull, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My life is boring now, but it wasn't always. See here: https://fishducky.blogspot.com/2017/09/happy-birthday-to-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. My reply to your final question is.... VERY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, I guess I'm boring by those standards too. But I do enjoy traveling to different places every year and seeing new things, while most people I know rent the same condo in Hilton Head or Florida, so I'm not boring in that regard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well ... I started being boring many years ago ... it was on a Tuesday ... or was it Wednesday? No ... it was a Tuesday as I remember ... Or it could have been on a Thursday because we always went shopping on Thursdays. Then we changed days and went shopping on Fridays after work. Anyway ... a long time ago ... on a Tuesday ... or a Friday ... I forgot what I was about to say ... Oh yes, about being boring ... Are you still listening? Stop yawning!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pretty boring Cranky....the only excitement I can lay claim to is being thrown out of class in high school. I'm innocent I tell you, innocent. So yeah...pretty boring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm pretty boring and plan on getting even more boring. Married to the same man for 53 years. Lived in our current home for 15 years. We traveled a lot, but that was partly because my husband was in the military. Without that we would probably be living in our hometown in California instead of near Savannah, GA.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was a borderline wild child, mostly staying within the law but not always. I was game for most anything. Now days I totally qualify as boring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm only slightly less boring than you, Cranky. I never skipped class in high school, but I have been known to blow off a college class or two or...? I was a B+ student in HS, less than that in college. I smoked in college but quit after my first daughter was born. Never did drugs. I've never been arrested, but I have had a few speeding tickets, deservedly. I have had the pleasure of knowing some wonderful women. Today I'm completely happy with my one and only.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have some WILD and CRAZY blog friends!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was a wild child. The life of the party. I didn't let any moss grow under my feet. Drugs were not my thing, but just about everything else was my thing.

    Have a fabulous day, Joe. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  14. My early years in the Air Force were like something out of a music video. A wild music video. Now? I know ministers who are less boring than me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I suspect that I'm pretty boring. However, I have in fact flown a plane. I soloed, and then was working on starting to do "Cross countries" after having flown on my own for a few more hours, and the place went bankrupt. Changed jobs, got even poorer, and couldn't afford to go back. Now I'm too old.
    Other than that, meh. No substance abuse, except maybe a little too much beer from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got one of those speed trap speeding tickets -- 29 MPH in a two block long 20 zone. Granted that was nine miles over the limit, but who gets a speeding ticket for 29 MPH?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mostly i am boring, with the exception of a couple of medical issues. One of mine is actually in the journals.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I reckon I'm pretty boring, too, but I can still make my hubby laugh, so that's gotta count for something. In the sixties, I kinda looked like a hippie... long blonde hair and a guitar slung over my back. Getting together with my friends for impromptu hootenannies was was of my favorite things, but there was no booze or drugs involved. I would've LOVED to go to Woodstock, but I was already married, and my husband was in Vietnam at the time, so I worked hard and saved money so we could buy our first house when he got home. Yeah... boring. (But happy!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm way boring now. I used to always be up for an adventure. I always gravitated toward those less savory friends. I knew how far to go, before it was downright criminal. I smoked my first joint in the 6th grade (on the school playground) I cut school so much, that to this day, I have nightmares that I am waiting for report cards scared to death I will fail and my folks will find out. I painted the school bathroom with a friend using poster paint. I've been kicked out off the school bus many times. I cut school all day for the first time in the 7th grade and got drunk drinking Colt 45. I could go on and on. Thankfully, I must have had a angel watching over me because I did come out of it unscathed. I am NOW a law abiding citizen. I don't drink but I do dabble in legal marijuana... for my health, of course!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh you cannot defeat me in this battle i bet!

    i am horribly boring and i feel sorry for hubby who bears all my boring ness and still says"that is why i chose you" what a lie lol (but i don't say this to him)

    ReplyDelete