NEW AND IMPROVED
This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!
Friday, January 20, 2017
A cranky opinion for
Cranky Opinion Saturday
The preceding is the opinion of a cranky old man who was barely a “C” student. Opposing opinions are welcome but are wrong. As always, please, no name calling, and that means you, you big stupid-head!
I’ve promised to not get political in this blog, but it is very difficult. There are so many issues which as a country we spend so much time debating, that we lose track of what is really important.
We need to be discussing the economy. People need productive jobs which pay a living wage. We have a crime problem, much of which is related to the economy especially in depressed areas. The air could be cleaner, the water more drinkable, and wildlife could be healthier. Education can be improved and college graduates should not be saddled with huge debt. We have international and internal security issues, and then there is health care.
We have many important pressing issues and yet we waste time worrying about issues that affect only a small portion of our population. As a public service, I am temporarily appointing myself as dictator to make some declarations ending debate on these minor issues.
1. Gay people can marry and have all the rights of heterosexual people. Never mind the Bible says “Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve” (which, by the way it does not) the Bible also says “Do unto others…” Gay people are “others”, so just stfu and move on.
2. Transgender people and bathrooms: Why does this get everyone in an uproar? Use the bathroom assigned to your gender, unless there is huge line around the ladies room and the men’s room has empty stalls, then ladies, go ahead, use those stalls…who really cares? Have a penis and feel like a woman? Use the stalls in the woman’s room. If you are a creep, you will be reported just as if you are a creep in the bathroom of your assigned gender. You may go to jail, you may get your ass kicked. General rule, “Do not be creepy in the bathroom.” Otherwise just stfu and move on.
3. If you want to pray in a government building you can. If you want to hang some simple signs of your faith, it’s ok. You cannot tell other people how to worship; you cannot be a proselytizing pain in the ass. If you disagree with someone’s faith and they are not trying to shove it down your throat, stfu and move on.
4. If you breast feed in public, do it as discreetly as possible. That is it, very simple. Don’t just whip it out and dare people to say something, and don’t look, if you don’t want to see someone discretely breast feeding. Very simple, be discrete and don’t be creepy, otherwise stfu and move on.
5. Don’t be a bully! Leave people alone! Be nice. It is not that hard. If someone says something that mildly upsets you, get over it and stop being offended by everything. Simple rule, be nice, stop whining, just stfu and move on.
6. Abortion...I don't like it, but there are situations where it may a legitimate personal choice. With improved birth control, and less rigid feelings about pregnancies without marriage, it should not be as big an issue as in years past. Regardless, abortion is legal and that is not going to change...follow your own convictions, stfu and move on.
As a general rule; “Be nice, stop whining and don't be creepy” covers most any social issue…be nice, stop whining don't be creepy, stfu and move on.
I now abdicate my position of dictator and leave it up to smart people to solve the real problems of the country and the world.
The preceding was the opinion of a cranky old man and not necessarily that of management…Mrs. Cranky.