NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Heaven and Hell

Heaven and Hell
I don’t know about Heaven and Hell.  Is it real, a concept, or religious hoo-ha to scare people into good behavior.  I go with a concept to represent how we must answer to God for our behavior on Earth.
I’m not so sure about clouds and angels for good people and fire and brimstone for bad people.  Maybe God just welcomes you in to his lovely home, accepting everyone.  He is, after all, the father and the creator, so in a way he is responsible for everyone’s behavior.  I don’t know; it is too complicated for me.  Whatever God decides I’m good with it.
I think God wants us all to act of our own free-will.  Without free-will we are all just part of a big puppet show, and life has no meaning.  I think the good people go straight to God's rec room; the bad have time out.  They have to stand in a corner.
“Mother Teresa!  Come on in, cookies and milk in the family room, Beethoven is playing tonight.”
And then there is:
“Adolph!  I don’t know what to say…you need to stand in the corner for an eon or two and just think about what you’ve done!”
If that is true, then a new member just went straight to the family room where there is a good football game on TV and beer on tap.  Officer Steven McDonald was just admitted.
If you are from the NYC area you know Steven McDonald.   
McDonald was on an undercover patrol in Central Park one afternoon in 1986 when he stopped a group of teens who he though had a gun. Shavod Jones, 15, pulled out a handgun and shot him.
"Shot me in the head and then shot me in the throat, and I as I laid on the ground, he stepped over me and fired a third shot into me," McDonald recalled in an interview with NY1’s Dean Meminger last month.
McDonald later forgave Jones, who died in a motorcycle crash four days after he was paroled from prison in 1995. Jones served 8 1/2 years of a sentence issued under guidelines for juvenile offenders.
McDonald was not expected to live more than five years.  He lived thirty.  He was left a quadriplegic and was always on a ventilator, able to speak only laboredly between breaths.
Officer McDonald never complained and was a constant inspiration to officers, New Yorkers and all people of faith.  Truly an amazing man and probably a saint.  His miracles?  Living thirty years to inspire so many people, and his incredible faith and ability to forgive.
Soon there will be a new man standing in the corner, Charles Manson. Manson pretended to be God and ordered his minions to murder for no apparent reason.  He was responsible for brutal murders of Actress, Sharon Tate, heir to Forgers coffee fortune, Abigale Folger and several others all ostensibly to start a race war (Isn’t that a lovely reason.)  Then the following night he murdered two random people Leno and Rosemary La Bianca.
Pure good/pure evil.  They are all yours God.  Not sure how you will handle them, but then you are God, I trust your will.

22 comments:

  1. I think this is the best blog post I have read of yours in the years I've been reading your blog. Your last lines really summarized it up well. I know theology and what the Bible says, but at the end of the day, it is what is between a person and God, what is that person's heart, and only God knows the heart. I think we'll be surprised one day who is in heaven and who isn't. But ultimately he gives us the free will yet he wants no one to perish. It all comes down to choice and the choice a person makes. They need to choose wisely I do believe.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think heaven and hell are right here on earth and how you choose to live your life dictates which one you are currently inhabiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One man told about a dream he had. He had died, and he was standing in a line in front of Jesus. As each person got to the front, Jesus asked a question only that person could hear. How that person answered determined their final destiny. When he got to the front, Jesus asked him "Have you learned how to love?"

    G-d judges the heart. My desire is to have the heart of Jesus, a heart that loves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a thought-provoking piece!

    I used to have a job where I talked to a lot of people who had done bad things. Most knew they had done something bad. "Yeah, I shouldn't have done that."

    But then there are people like Dylann Roof, who at least publicly says that he is glad he did what he did.

    I don't think I'll ever have it figured out - if there is evil that people do or whether there are people who are truly evil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm guessing there are a lot of folks doing a time out. I'm also guessing there is a hell somewhere too that houses all these people that need to be segregated from the good people. Just saying.

    Excellent post.

    Have a fabulous day Joe. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent post. As you said, God is the ultimate judge, not you or me or anyone walking the Earth today. So, I'm just gonna let Him decide. I don't have to figure it out, not that I could if I wanted to. I worry about me and my actions, and pray/trust He will someday let me sit at His "Cool Kids" table. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad someone is in charge who knows what they are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe in hell; it's right here on earth and of our own making.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can only hope there is a Hell. Reading the daily news makes me think it is about to fill up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems like there is a good market for handbasket manufacturers lately.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As a child, you're taught what to believe. Sometimes you stick with it throughout your life; sometimes, you don't. I've been through various stages of Christianity and only in recent years feel brave enough to say how confused I am. Sooo... I try not to spend too much time wondering what goes on in the mind of evil murderers and where they will end up. As for forgiving victims, if it helps them to cleanse their minds and to move on, that's good for them. And I hope there's a heaven awaiting them; and me too. And you too, Joe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hadn't heard about that police officer but thank you for sharing his story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good post Joe. I struggle with the same topics.
    R

    ReplyDelete
  14. It seems odd to quote a movie line here, but one of my favorites is from Rudy:

    "Two things I know - there is a God, and I'm not him."

    No end of mischief comes from confusing one or the other (or both) of those two fundamental truths. . .

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bless Officer McDonald and his family. He clearly had a mission to complete. As for Charles Manson, he is way over due for his just rewards. and Yes, God will handle him.

    ReplyDelete
  16. God bless officer McDonald. Such a touching post Joe.. Loved it. PS -You'll have to send a canary down with a note and let me know how Beethoven sounds. :)

    ReplyDelete