THE WAY THINGS ARE
Some things just happen and they just happen wrong. There is no rhyme or reason for them to always happen, they just do. The law that explains this phenomenon is Murphy’s Law:
"If something can go wrong, it will."
This is of course a very broad assertion. There are more specific corollaries to this law.
1. If you have to loosen several screws to remove an object, the head of the last screw will be stripped.
2. If you only have one nail left you will bend the crap out of it on the first whack of the hammer.
3. When making a sandwich, you will cook the bacon, slice the tomatoes, rinse the lettuce and toast the bread before you realize you have no mayonnaise.
4. The cable company will wait to test their system just before you find out how much the medieval sling-shot is worth on "Pawn Stars."
5. If you have only one last screw that you need to finish a job, you will drop it.
6. The last pistachio nut in a batch will have a rotten bitter taste.
7. If you drop the last screw that you really need, it will hit your foot and bounce where you will not see and you will not find it.
8. You remember you are out of toilet paper when you most need toilet paper.
9. When you come back from the hardware store with a screw to replace the one you lost, you will immediately find the screw that you dropped.
10. If you write a 700 word post and forget to periodically hit save, your computer will close unexpectedly.
I suppose there are more to the list, that’s all I’ve got fro know.