NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Monday, October 1, 2018

HOW DO I LOOK?

HOW DO I LOOK?*



 OK, this is something that makes me cranky.  Men today spend hours in front of the mirror trying to look like they could care less.  What really coddles my milk is that women seem to like this look; the “I’m so cool I don’t even groom” look.


You know the look.  The hair is gelled in such a way that it looks like the dude just woke up and never brushed out his bed-head.  There are tufts of hair going in all different directions.  Often these tufts are mysteriously bleached by the “Sun” at the very tips of each tuft.  It must take hours of grooming every day to look like you spend no time grooming your hair at all.  Juxtaposing with this “accidental” semi-gay hair style is the rugged “I ain’t got time to shave” three day old stubble-beard.


How does one achieve a three day old stubble-beard every day?  He must have to shave some stubble off every day and do it in a random way so that it does not look like a groomed beard.  It must be extremely time consuming to achieve the “I just got out of bed, and ain’t got time to shave” look.


How does this modern day Beau Brummell dress?  He dresses like he is just too cool to care.  He wears slightly washed out jeans with a split on one knee.  He has a plain tee shirt worn under a designer sports jacket.  He has expensive OJ Simpson loafers but does not have time to wear socks.  On his wrist is the requisite Rolex watch.  This is the completed “I can afford an expensive sports coat, shoes and watch but I really don’t give a shit how I look” look.


What really disturbs me about this new “LOOK” is that I had most of it down pat when I was a “young dude” and it never got me a second glance from the ladies.  My hair was quaffed in the genuine bed-head style.  It took me zero seconds to achieve that look, which varied only slightly from day to day.  I had the perfect “I don’t give a shit three day stubble-beard” every three days.  The only thing missing from my attire was the designer sports coat, Rolex watch and Bruno Magli shoes.


I was ahead of my time back in the day.  I was a trend setter without knowing it.  I was the best of the worst dressed. 


Where is my credit?  
*a cranky re-run from September 2011...the style has not changed that much.

12 comments:

  1. Bwahahahahahaha. Obviously you were born at the wrong time.

    I like the clean cut look myself. Well dressed, clean and shaven. Scruffy doesn't do it for me and never has.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. 😎

    ReplyDelete
  2. A guy with stubble just looks like he needs a shave & a bath!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too had things I did in high school that didn't work but now are high fashion. Born 50 years too late???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heeheehee! Often they do wear socks, just the "no-show" variety. Maybe it was the fact that you weren't rich enough to wear the rich people clothes. Without that, they don't give you a second glance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read that as "accidental, semi-GRAY hairstyle." Because of that new trend (probably already over now) of actually COLORING THE HAIR GRAY! A friend of Genius's did that. I was not a fan. He had debated between a grayish-blue tint, or the gray. It just made him look old, in my opinion. Not fashionable. Why would a 23-year-old want to do that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, I was going to say my 23 yo son fits this description, but not because he's trying. He's just lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyday most of the guys I see are wearing a hat, mask, gloves, scrubs, and the stubble is because of no sleep. Enter the TV medical shows and now you have a Dr. McDreamy. We don't have one. Well, you might not have gotten those glances from the ladies back in the day but now you have Mrs. Cranky to give you those second glances! You're a lucky dude!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahahahaha! You had it and you didn't even know it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh-h-h! So you’re the guy who started this male fashion craze and just never got credit for it! Well....how about coming up with something different ‘cause I’m tired of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, I'm glad I'm too old to care. Way back, though, I liked to see a well-spruced man; scruffs didn't appeal at all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't get it. Does that appeal to the young women of today or just other men? Not implying sexuality, just that a lot of women dress to impress other women. This old gal isn't buying it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "The only thing missing from my attire was the designer sports coat, Rolex watch and Bruno Magli shoes." This is probably why you never got a second look, ha ha.
    I'm way past the point where I care about my looks and I'm not too fussy about how my friends look either. Handsome doesn't mean much. Clean and a smile are far more important.

    ReplyDelete