NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Cranky’s for the Yankees


Cranky’s for the Yankees


Baseball fans will get this, everyone else, move on, nothing to see here.

Oh man, the Yanks play tonight.  One game for the chance to play the best team in Baseball, the Red Sox. 
I hate this playoff thing, the Yanks won 100 games, the third best record in Baseball this year (I think) and it all comes down to one game to make the playoffs.  Anything can happen in one game.



I’ve become pretty good in my later years when it comes to rooting for my sports teams, but I fear tonight I may be unbearable for a few hours.  Fortunately Mrs. C is working and will miss most of my cursing, screaming and general insanity.
“NO!! that ball was outside!”
“How could you swing at that ball, it was in the dirt!”
“Double play!!! Friggen torshapep, fragging fraggle flem!!”
“It’s outta here!!  YESSS!”
“No, no, no it’s over the fence, Friggen torshapep, fragging fraggle flem!!”
“No, don’t bring in Robertson!!”
“Strike three!! Way to go Robertson, you are the best!!
Game over.  Friggen torshapep, fragging fraggle flem!!
OR
BRING ON THE SOX!!
If we lose, it will spare me for at least four games of insanity, the Red Sox are really good!

7-2...The Sox it is!!

11 comments:

  1. Oakland will win this one.

    Steve in Germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx, since it is apparently a sure thing I just bet the ranch on Oakland.

      Delete
  2. I have been watching the Yankees off and on since January when they got one of my favorite players #27. Wish I could get the playoff games televised. Yell for me Cranky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a matter of principle I cannot root for either team.
    The A’s are from Oakland and native San Framcicans just don’t support anything from Oakland.
    The Yankees... well, I stopped being a Yankees fan in about 1955.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I root for the Yankees except when they play the Braves.
    I watched an old timers game in 1971. While I was I n the stands that day, the announcer said, let’s have a moment of silence for Ivy Paul Andrews who pitched for the Yankees and had just past away. The announcer said Andrews was from Dora, Alabama.
    That’s where I was born. I couldn’t believe that the first time I’d ever been to New York and the first time I’d ever attended a major league game.
    Talk about Syncronicity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My best to the wonderful Yankees. And i agree, if you are ranked in the top ten best records at the end of the season, your participation in the playoffs should not come down to one game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, one game can make the difference. Just ask the Cubbies. Sorry, Joe, but I'll have to root against your Yankees tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So which team are you hoping to win? Yanks or Sox?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just in case you are not kidding, the Yanks and if we win then the Yanks again over the Sox. Btw my Aussie friend, The A's pitcher in the first inning was an Aussie.

      Delete
  8. Just checked. Bottom of the 6th. Your hopes are alive!

    ReplyDelete