NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Monday, October 29, 2018

“Who’s been walking in the tub with sneakers?”


“Who’s been walking in the tub with sneakers?”

Mrs. C is back from working at her studio’s bi-annual dance competition.  It is a big deal, with a dance star from DWTS as a judge, and Ballroom dance professionals from all over, along with amateur competitions. It is a four-day competition.  Mrs. C sells tickets, along with helping set up and organize all sorts of stuff. She works from 6 am to 11 pm days before and during the competition.

Anyway.

When she comes home she is exhausted, but not so tired as to not notice and grill me on everything in the house that has been moved or changed.  Mrs. C does not like change.  She does not like me to move stuff.  I take this week to discard some clutter that I think I can get away with and move some clutter that drives me nuts.

I did not toss very much. I did clean out some stuff from the freezer that took up space and was way over its “best used by (even if frozen)” date…Mrs. C thinks if it is frozen it will last forever…I disagree.

I moved a bunch of coats and shoes that were in a favorite chair that I can never sit in because it is home to coats and shoes.  She noticed that right away.

“Where are my shoes and coats that are supposed to be on the chair?”

“They were on the chair, they are not supposed to be on the chair.  I moved them to the piles of shoes in the hallway and the coat rack by the door that did not have any coats.”

I survived that adjustment, she was too tired to argue.  She did not notice any other minor adjustments in the house.  I thought I was home free until she went to take a much-needed relaxing hot bath.

I heard from the bathroom a question I thought I would never in my life ever be asked.

“Who’s been walking in the tub with sneakers?”

I yelled back,

“You won’t believe what I thought you just yelled from the bathroom.”

“Who’s been walking in the tub with sneakers?”

“Yes, how did you know that is what I thought I heard?”

“Because that is what I asked…Who’s been walking in the tub with sneakers?”

“What the hell are you talking about?  I may have had a couple glasses of port, and I even smoked a cigar, and that was outside, but I damn sure didn’t put on sneakers and walk in the bath tub!”

“Well someone has!”

I did not see the evidence, she took a bath and I assume what ever she thought were foot prints washed away.

Walking in the tub with sneakers…I think they are working her too hard on these competitions.

14 comments:

  1. You were living on the wild side throwing stuff out and moving things.....brave man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it is almost Halloween... Maybe you had some "visitors." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I disliked having my stuff moved but tried hard not to complain. Do let us know if you find out about the sneakers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ghosts wear sneakers at Halloween so you can't hear them.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you survived the clutter tossing. I want to know if you figure out the sneakers thing. We find cat paw prints in the tub fairly often, but never sneakers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is a little spooky since you are sure it wasn't you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you were falsely accused, and didn't actually walk in the tub with sneakers to distract Mrs. C from your throw-away frenzy! Though that might be a tactic to consider next time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such an interesting life. I love your conversations. We don't have those kind of conversations here. We just live and let live. Saves a lot of energy.

    Have a fabulous day, Joe. 😎

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you had a pet, i would wonder about not sneakers, but odd looking footprints in the tub. We get those all of the time, and have to clean out the tub before each use (especially since Sweetie has trained Link to get in the tub and drink from the dripping faucet).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is she sure they weren't dancing in the tub?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to stand/walk in my tub when I had one, yes, with sneakers so I wouldn't slip, it was the only way I could reach the tiled wall to properly clean it. Because I'm short. Then I'd clean the tub after I finished the wall. Now I don't have a tub and I really miss not being able to soak away the aches. Haven't had a bath in over seven years :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I might have taken your side until the "couple of glasses of port" clue cast some doubt on the reliability of your recall.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i would have done same with the coats and shoes on chair but walking in tub with sneakers?
    so bad Joe :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is sort of spooky, sneaker prints in the tub.

    ReplyDelete