NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Friday, September 27, 2013

THE WALTER - a cranky award


THE WALTER

A Cranky Old Man Award

"The Walter"



Because, unlike Suldog, I believe there cannot be enough blog awards, I have decided to add my own.  It is named after Jeff Dunham’s hysterical cranky old man puppet, “Walter.”

This award recognizes those bloggers who post consistent (3 days a week or more) original, humorous and or thought provoking material.

To accept this award you need only grab it and display it on your blog.  There are no questions to answer. If you wish to award it to anyone you feel meets the above criteria, you are hereby authorized to do so.

Without further ado and in no particular order I award to the following six bloggers:

THE WALTER

Scott at Flight Plan http://lowandslow01.blogspot.com/

Scott posts virtually every day.  His posts are a mixture of humor, politics, and life observations.  His political commentary is not knee jerk politics; he is sometimes Liberal, sometimes Conservative and always thought provoking. 

Good stuff!

Gia at “Mayor Gia” http://mayorgia.blogspot.com/

Gia’s posts are a mixture of cartoons and dialog.  She is reminiscent of the comic strip “Cathy” only funnier and with a potty mouth.  She generally posts three times a week.

Borderline genius.

Stephen at “The Chubby Chatterbox”


Stephen is a talented artist.  He posts almost daily, personal stories which are sometimes touching, sometimes funny, always entertaining and often mixed with interesting art history.

A daily must read.

Pearl at “Pearl why you little…”


Pearl posts daily about her strange world of bus commuting and her life with two controlling, booze drinking, chain smoking cats.  She is unique to say the least, with spot on life observations and a way of painting pictures with words.

Visit, you will not be sorry.

Fran at “Fishducky, finally!”  http://fishducky.blogspot.com/

Fran makes the list because the internet needs a funny paper section.  Her daily posts are full of cartoons, jokes, and her funny observations.

Because we could all use a little Fishducky in our lives.

Val the Victorian at “Unbagging the Cats”  http://unbaggingthecats.blogspot.com/

Val post daily on her life with a country Hick, a Genius son, a haunted house and battles at school or in line for Gas Station chicken and 44 oz. bottles of diet coke…it’s a little complicated, just go visit.

Smart does not have to be stuffy.


Congratulations to the award winners.  Everyone else on my follow list gets an honorable mention.  I read everyone I follow and follow posts I enjoy. 

Bloggers Rule!  

10 comments:

  1. Yay for blog awards Joe, they don't seem to be as popular as they used to be but they are a great way to give someone a boost and share great blogs. I'm going to check these out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm honored to be among the first recipients of this prestigious award. I hope I can live up to the honor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay to your awardees! i love chubby chatterbox and have read pearl on numerous occasions. fishducky is too smart for her own good - just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! I'm honored, Big Joe. I'd like to thank my mom and my dad, my 3rd grade English teacher (she was HOT!), and my parole officer. I couldn't have done it without them.

    Seriously, you really do meet some great people while blogging, do you? Thanks for thinking of me, my friend. :)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have thought a cranky old guy would have awarded it to himself. There is hope for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to thank all the little people I climbed on on my way to this prestigious award!! It'll be on my sideboard as soon as I can get someone to put it up for me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh fun ... I've checked out a couple and follow one already ... I'll check out your other honorees...

    always interested in finding informative fun blogs

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh fun ... I've checked out a couple and follow one already ... I'll check out your other honorees...

    always interested in finding informative fun blogs

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is an honor just to be nominated, but it ROCKS to win one-sixth of this award!

    I noticed an increase in visitors traipsing across my lawn. Perhaps I should have picked up a little bit, and set out a tray of cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off.

    Oh, who am I fooling! The only thing we serve visitors around here is auction meat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. EGADS! :) Thanks so much! This is a great one to receive!

    ReplyDelete