NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Sunday, February 1, 2015

STUPID HEADLINES 020115


STUPID HEADLINES 020115

It is time again for
So...a hunter's head over the fireplace?
STUPID HEADLINE SUNDAY*

This week’s stupid headlines and my stupider, sometimes sophomoric comments.

One headline may be fake.  Guess the fake and win a mention and a WHOOP-TEE-DOO.  None of the above may be a correct answer.

Comment moderation will be in place until Monday.

____________________________

Colorado baker faces complaint for refusing anti-gay message on cake – Discrimination against discrimination…I hate that!

Obama expected to allow drilling in Atlantic – As long as they keep the drill off the bottom.

Cowboys fan asking for $88 billion in suit vs. NFL – Fan is upset over the Dez Bryant call in the Packer game.  I’d say Eighty eight billion ought to about cover it.

Men: It’s Never Too Late To Look Years Younger – All you have to do is find yourself a trophy wife.

Tennis commentator asks female star to 'twirl' for crowd, draws backlash – Oh big deal, why is this sexist?  The dude just wanted to checkout her ass.

Boy, 13, builds Braille printer with Legos – Machine works great but is limited to the letter “G.” 

California bars judges from belonging to Boy Scouts – Oh come on…how many judges in California are young enough to be boy scouts?

Woman orders sweet tea and chicken sandwich at Burger King and gets bag full of $2,631 in cash“Will that be to go?” “No, I’ll spend it right here.”

New Jersey school evacuated after chemistry lab 'mishap' involving acid – Big deal, acid trips were quite common in the 60’s.

Mysterious radio signal from space caught live for first time – The signal was faint but scientists clearly heard “Baba Booey…Baba Booey!”

Michelle Obama forgoes a headscarf and sparks backlash in Saudi Arabia – Well, that is pretty scandalous.  Chopping off people’s heads and flogging bloggers isn’t a problem though.

Chris Christie Heading To London In February – “London Bridge is shutting down, shutting down, London Bridge…”

Police Officer Accused Of Hitting Wife In Face With 4 Children At Home – I would have thought that after being hit with the first, or the second child at the least, his wife would be knocked cold.

Tourists run up Philadelphia's famous 'Rocky steps'... and find Sylvester Stallone – Talk about “jumping the shark” movie star is down to taking selfies with tourists.

*Thanks to Val @ http://unbaggingthecats.blogspot.com/ , J @ http://www.whathappensatgrandmas.com/ and Frog for stupid headline submissions.


Last week’s fake was:
Rooster in the road causes three car pile-up – Three more people wondering, “WHY? Why?”
The following geniuses figured it out:


i'll go with rooster in the road this time!

Or a prairie chicken.


I think it's Rooster in the road causes three car pile-up, unless he was crossing the road for his wife, who was out with the girls!!

Fishducky knows her fowl jokes.


There's always one of your remarks which makes me laugh more than the rest. And I suspect those are your fakes. ;) In this case, I'm laughing at "Why, why?" So my guess is that the rooster headline is fake. A whoop dee doo from you is like winning the pullet surprise.

I see what you did there!  I feel the same way about the POTW.


The one about the rooster -- while it's possible, i think we all know by now why they cross the road! At least a couple of them i know are true, read them elsewhere. You find some funny stuff!

Speaking of funny stuff http://messymimismeanderings.blogspot.com/   



Hmm rubs chin and decides also on the rooster

Also good, check it out http://bethere2day.com/



I'm going with the rooster in the road one. That would be roadkill in no time. Heck I wouldn't even swerve for a rooster.

Again? Dang!

CTRL and click on the names and visit and congratulate our winners.

COME BACK NEXT WEEK FOR MORE


STUPID HEADLINE SUNDAY!!

12 comments:

  1. Since I'm first I can't cheat and copy the prevailing answer, so I'll go with judges and Boy Scouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll pick london bridge ala christie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Men: It’s Never Too Late To Look Years Younger--WHOOP-DEE-DOO?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are tougher this week. There's only three I know are true. I might not guess the right one this week. That would be good though. I'll be back later in the week.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm especially fond of the idea of a moose building a ballroom. What a visual that is! I also got quite a mental image of the police officer hitting his wife with four children. Sometimes I wonder if those newspaper editors are overworked or just stupid. No guess on the fake headline, but enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am gonna go for "California bars judges from belonging to Boy Scouts"

    Surely that is pointless LOL

    Have a tanfastic week head ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm taking "Chris Christie to London" as the fake, mainly because I snorted the most at your remarks. The "Wife Whacked With 4 Children" was a close second. You are good for clearing my sinuses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Obama expected to allow drilling in Atlantic"

    Yeah, off the coast of France. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unfortumately these all sound real to me, so maybe "none of the above" is a fake.

    Thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am going with "Obama expected to allow drilling in Atlantic" this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think all these are true this week. So, that's my guess.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  12. My choice is the radio signal from outer space.

    ReplyDelete