NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Thursday, October 16, 2014

WARNING, Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid!

WARNING, Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid!
 
 
 
I just purchased a new PC.  In putting it together, I actually read some of the instructions and came across this warning,

"Handling the cord on this product will expose you to lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm and possibly cancer.  Wash hands after handling
 
I wondered out loud if this warning applied to users in states other than California.  Mrs. C said,
 
"You better wash your hands."
 
"What, I have to wash my hands every time I touch the cord?  That would be like ten times a day.  If I step on the cord, do I have to wash my feet?"
 
"Don't touch me if you don't."
 
"You're kidding right?"
 
"I just think you should follow instructions."
 
"Then you should wash your hands when you touch your computer cord."
 
"My instructions didn't have such a warning."
 
"It probably did, you just didn't read them all."
 
"I don't think so, mine is safe, yours has a warning."
 
"You're kidding right?"
 
"Don't touch me."
 
I got up and washed my hands.  I then stepped on the cord.
 
"Oops, I have to shower."
 
"Oh stop, you're being ridiculous."
 
"I'm just following instructions, should I also make an appointment with the doctor?"
 
"Stop!"
 
"Then do you think it is ok to touch the cord and not have to wash up?"
 
"The directions say you need to wash."
 
"You're busting my balls right."
 
"Maybe."
 
Thanks a lot State of California, you and your stupid protect all idiots from any possible danger got me into a stupid fight with Mrs. Cranky.
 
Excuse me while I go wash my hands again.  I guess I have to go out and buy those Deli-sandwich maker latex gloves so I can use my new computer.

Jerks! 

21 comments:

  1. I live in California and it's run by a bunch of idiots. Don't wash your hands. Nancy Pelosi is from California. Do I need to say more? I didn't think so.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy Pelosi is from Baltimore.
      They shipped her to California.

      Delete
  2. I bought a pair of rose-colored glasses from the Internet and I was going to look so cool! Hard to be cool at our age, right? When they came they were gorgeous, except for the tag which said they were made of materials known in the state of California to cause cancer. (Sigh) (Might as well just put the gloom-colored glasses back on.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being near Personal Injury Lawyers will expose you to nonsense, known to cause annoyance and in worse cases an extreme drainage of your bank account and possibly cancer. Wash hands after handling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you know that yellow mustard can cause hardening of the arteries.
    The things we learn, living here in California.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bought a new engine for my tiller the other day. Took me 10 minutes to dig through the available stock to find one that was illegal in California. Just because.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's probably why Silicone Valley outsources all these leaden products to third world countries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha.. that'll teach you to read out loud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know all of these instructions and warnings are meant to protect the helplessly stupid, but isn't it assuming a bit much that the people who need to be told some of these things actually can and do read them?

    Apparently North Carolina agrees with California, to some degree, about lead. When we closed on our house we had to sign something that basically said we understood there had been lead paint in the house once upon a time, and that we couldn't sue anyone if we chose to chew on the walls/window sills.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess with all of the lawyers around each product we use has to have a warning. Is there anything without danger any more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What I don't understand, if it is dangerous, why do they sell it? Warning free ignorance is such bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did it say anything about constipation and/or diarrhea?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why is it always California??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just steal a bunch of latex gloves from your proctologist.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What are you worried about? You don't live in California. It's not dangerous to you. Go pick your nose after touching the cord, for all I care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. yeah, I actually heard lead is good for you, perhaps a fishing sinker with each vitamin....and mercury! It's fun to play with it in your palm, running it back and forths. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Despite having spent my formative years in the lead-mining hotbed of the United States, I turned out perfectly normal, as I'm sure all who know me would attest. Swing that computer cord like a string of flapper beads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to add that I misread that cup as "not responsible for loose fattening kids." But I'm perfectly normal. No lead poisoning here.

      Delete
  17. Also living in California, I can attest that warning is on about everything and anything here. Lived here a lot of my life and healthy as a horse. Next time you get something new and it has that warning on it, mark it out with a Sharpie pen :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never read safety warnings, they're only printed to save the company being sued if some idiot does the wrong thing, they have to cover as many possible scenarios as they can.

    ReplyDelete