NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

FAMOUS MOVIE LINES QUIZ

FAMOUS MOVIE LINES QUIZ
 

There are some films where one or more line defines the movie.  When you hear the movie title, that one line immediately comes to mind. These are lines which people use in everyday life.  They transcend the movie. 

These are my favorites, I’ll name the movie, and you name the line,
FROM:

“A league of Their Own”

“Jaws”

“A Few Good Men”

“Gone With The Wind” (2)

“The Wizard of Oz”

 “King Kong”

“The Godfather” (2)

“The Terminator”

“Titanic”

“Poltergeist”

“The Shining”

“Scarface”

“Wall Street”

“Field Of Dreams”

“Jerry McGuire”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
ANSWERS
 
 

“A league of Their Own” / “There’s no crying in baseball!”

“Jaws” / “We’re going to need a bigger boat.”

“A Few Good Men” / “You want the truth?  You can’t handle the truth.”

“Gone With The Wind” / “Frankly Scarlet, I don’t give a damn.” And "As God is my witness; I'll never be hungry again."

“The Wizard of Oz” / “Were mot in Kansas anymore.” And “There’s no place like home”

“King Kong” / “T’was beauty killed the beast”

“The Godfather” / “I’m going to make him an offer he can’t refuse” And “Leave the gun, take the cannoli.”

“The Terminator” / I’ll be back”

“Titanic” / “I’m the king of the world”

“Poltergeist” / “They’re here”

“The Shining” / “Here’s Johnny”

“Scarface” / “Say hello to my little friend”

“Wall Street” / “Greed is good!”

“Field Of Dreams” / “If you build it, he will come.”

“Jerry McGuire” / “Show me the money”

 

How many did you get? 

What are your favorite famous movie lines?

16 comments:

  1. I got 9 right. Pretty good for someone who's not a big movie fan.

    "The bar....they took the whole f__king bar!" (Animal House)

    "Here's looking at you, kid." (Casablanca)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ten...
    ...and "Captain, I just through your damn palm tree overboard. Now what's all this shit about no movies tonight?" (from Mr Roberts)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALL OF THEM!! I love movies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm lucky to remember these! Yes, I got them all, and proud to be media savvy, or whatever one is with trivia questions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got several of them! My favorite is from A League of their Own...There's no crying in baseball. I use it all the time for...there's no crying in whatever. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK cranky believe it or not all of them...which kind of scares me and think I watch too many movies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some of my favorite movies also. I also like My fair lady's
    Move your bloody arse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see in a recent poll that "I'll be back!" is No.! and "Frankly! I don't give a damn has slipped out of the running.

    Must be this new "Generation I" everyone is talking up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got most of them! I love movie quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. From "The Lighthorseman":

    Dave: Hey, Scotty, you're not Scotch, are you?
    Scotty: No.
    Dave: Then, why do they call you Scotty?
    [Scotty thinks]
    Scotty: Cause I'm Irish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got all but the first one.

    I like the line from Shawshank Redemption, where Red says, "I like to think that the last thing that passed through the warden's mind, other than that bullet...."

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great lines! Here are the ones I love!
    "We'll always have Paris." Casablanca That line implied it ALL!
    "I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' babies." GWTW
    Ignorance is NOT bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1. What we have here,is failure to communicate. Some men, you just can't reach. So you get what we had here to day. Which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

    2. Made it ma, Top of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got all except the second Godfather line and the Titanic. Good quiz!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent Post, I got a lot of them right and missed a few obvious ones Ha Ha, can't be right all the time I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my gosh!!! I have used half of these quotes in my blog posts! one time someone asked me why i told my girls no crying in baseball?! pretty fun...we have the same taste in movies.

    ReplyDelete