NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Listen To The Mocking Voice

 

 

Listen To The Mocking Voice



Mrs. C has a mocking voice.  You know, that high pitched adolescent way of repeating what you say in a way that makes it sound trivial, whiney or petulant.  A mocking voice.  She has been using it a lot lately.

“Could you turn the volume up, I can barely hear the movie?”

“Could you turn the volume up, I can barely hear the movie?”

“Stop that!”

“Stop what?”

“Stop that mocking voice.”

“Stop that mocking voice.”

“Again! Stop that”

“Why”

“I don’t like it…I hate the mocking voice!”

“I hate the mocking voice!”

“Just stop it.”

“I like the mocking voice.”

“I like the mocking voice.”

“You can’t use the mocking voice because it doesn’t bother me.  I own the mocking voice!”

“How do you own a voice?”

“I just do.”

“That’s not fair!”

“That’s not fair.”

“You know I hate you don’t you?”

“No, you don’t!”

“Well, I hate the mocking voice!”

“Well, I hate the mocking voice!”

“STOP THAT!”

“Ok, but just for tonight…tomorrow you shall be mocked again.”

 

Is anyone else tormented by ‘The Mocking Voice?’


Based on previous comments it seems people completely do not understand the playful mocking voice game of a wife who is not really being mean.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

             

11 comments:

  1. No mocking torment here. I never allowed my kids to do that either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had to google for the meaning of this before comment as i wanted to be sure i know what you said though i got it right thankfully
    yes my late aunt (sister of my mother) had mocking voice ,she was an arrogant person so everybody she talked would thought she is being little disrespecting
    now one of her daughter had same tone for speaking with others
    i find it uncomfortable
    i hope Mrs C returns to her sweet kind tone again and soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might, just might have used it when I was younger. Cracked up when Mrs. C said she "owned" the mocking voice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No mocking voice but does sarcasm count? My last name is Starkey and at work one of the Docs nicknamed me "Starcasm"...I think he didn't care for my sarcasm voice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are peaceful here. Mocking seems to be a favorite word in the news of late.

    Have a fabulous day, Joe. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. No mocking voice here, from either of us. Upon reflection, I would have to say neither one of us using it is probably one of the three biggest reasons we aren't divorced!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It always seems so disrespectful to me, so no mocking voice here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would be insane if I had to listen to that. Sounds like a five year old. Except you can control them. Arrested development.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe she'll stop with the mocking voice and just go back to "JERK!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. No mocking voice here. I am tormented by THE DENIAL. "No I didn't. No you didn't. Surrrre... You don't remember anything!" Hick always declares the opposite of anything I say that he doesn't like.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry. Mocking people is just a nasty thing to do.

    ReplyDelete