NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Texting


Texting
I love texting.  Not so much love as prefer texting to a phone call and talking.  I do not like talking on the phone.  It interrupts my watching PBS on the TV I should probably sell because TV is such a horrible thing.

Anyway.

I like texting.  My biggest issue with texting is my fat fingers and the tiny texting letters on the phone.  I often make mistakes and do not notice until just before I hit send.  In order to correct the mistake, I have to backspace all the way to my mistake and start typing over.  A long text can take forever with all my corrections.

Until.

I read somewhere how to press one function and simply drag your cursor to the letter you wish to correct.  Unfortunately I forgot the key to press and where I read about it.

Yesterday I was sending a text and remarked to Mrs. C,

“Damn!”

“What?”

“I made a texting mistake and now I have to go back and start all over.  I just read how to drag the cursor where you want it, but I forget how to do it.”

“Drag the cursor?”

“Yeah, so I don’t have to backspace all over the rest of my text.”

“Why would you backspace over your text?”

“To get back to where I made the mistake.”

“Why don’t you just tap the screen where you made the mistake so the cursor returns to where you tap?”

“You can do that?”

“Ah yeah…DUH!”

If you are a jerk, It helps having a wife who knows stuff!

Even better, just found this: 

Simply hold down your finger over the text field, and this magnifying glass will pop up. While still holding your finger down, drag the magnifying glass that shows your cursor to the exact place you want and then release. Once it's there, you can add or delete something. Just that quick.

14 comments:

  1. I like texting, too, except when it becomes a long conversation.
    Then we might as well talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing I read this all the way through, otherwise I would have told you exactly what Mrs C did. It's just the same as correcting text on the computer. I hate talking on the phone too. I text everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you can do that, if your phone will recognize your touch! Mine tends to ignore my fingertip, or put that cursor three spaces over. The ATM screen also gives me no respect. I'm either not quite alive, or I have no electricity, or my fingers are too cold. I don't have any idea how these things work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lady wife was right. Women are clever at these things...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In your defense, older phones did not have that option.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you, my fingers always are on the wrong keys. I can't seem to use my thumb like most do but my right index finger. I have a reputation of sending funny texts because of it. I do like the fix Mrs. C highlighted. I do use it often.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never a dull moment in your house. This made me laugh out loud. Just so you know.

    Have a fabulous day, Joe. 😎

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your writings !! guessing not an iPhone? I gave up texting with fingers...just hold down the microphone key and speak. much easier. unless Siri hears one thing and types another….

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mrs. C really is a keeper. I am always amazed when I see teens with flashing thumbs on their phones. I am still text-unable on my flip phone but I will keep that in mind if I ever go over to the dark side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flip phones can send text messages, you just need to find someone to work out where the 'message' icon/button is and then how to actually send the message. If you still have the instruction book, the information should be in there.

      Delete
  10. I didn't know about that magnifying glass trick. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was on break at work and texting to a friend when one of our Docs said to me: "You text like an old person"...I said:"I am an old person...jerk" Ok, I didn't call him a jerk, I just texted it to my brain and smiled.

    ReplyDelete
  12. TV is not an awful thing. When i go visit Grandma, we love to watch the veterinarian shows and the house remodel shows. It's just that when the kids quit watching everything but Netflix, we decided not to spend the money on cable, and when the TV up and quit, we didn't bother replacing it.


    Texting is much better, you don't get dragged into a conversation with Chatty Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. how alike that i too prefer text over talking directly
    i am not good at talking but i can express my thoughts through texts easily

    smart screens are tough to handle in beginning to all i think
    this is good to have partner who help in almost everything dear Joe

    ReplyDelete