NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Sunday, January 12, 2020

JEOPARDY GOAT (Greatest Of All Time)


JEOPARDY GOAT (Greatest Of All Time)




Anyone watching the Jeopardy GOAT match?
 
If you do not watch TV except for PBS and the 6 o’clock news, then you do not know the quiz game “Jeopardy.”  You are missing out.  Get your nose out of your book and tune in.

This special tournament features the three biggest Jeopardy winners ever.  They are all Jeopardy-millionaires.

The contestants are James Holzhauer, Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter.

They are playing for a One million dollar prize.

The champion is the first to win three matches.  So far it is Jennings -2, Holzhauer-1, Rutter-0.  All three know the answer to almost every question.  Rutter seems to be the worst at buzzing in with the answer…this game takes more than just knowledge.
 
Buzzer press timing is big!

The questions for this tournament are a bit more difficult than usual.  In three matches I have known the answers to five questions and they were all sports or TV related.

I’m telling you this tournament is the equal of the Super Bowl or Basketball’s March Madness.  Every answer is important.  Every buzz-in has you on the edge of your seat.  The diverse knowledge these guys have is incredible.  

So far every contest has hinged on the “Double Jeopardy” questions or the “Final Jeopardy” question.  On “Double Jeopardy” questions, the contestant with control of the board can bet all or some of the points he has accumulated.

The match is so tight and they are all so smart that they always go “All in.” If they miss they are probably toast, if they are correct they often take the lead.

Contestants can not buzz in on a question until Alex Trebek finishes reading it.  It seems as if the player who has board control wins the buzz-in when there is a tie, so controlling the board is key to building points and also getting a shot at a “Double Jeopardy” question.

On the last question, “Final Jeopardy,” each player can bet all or some of his accumulated winnings.  Depending on the score, this can involve strategy.

The “Final Jeopardy” question is sometimes extra difficult.

The next match is Tuesday at 8:00 on ABC.  Choose a player to root for, maybe even put some money on the result, and you will be on the edge of your seat as much as any sporting event.

Or, PBS is airing a special on Climate Change and the Mongolian Pygmy Rabbit…that should be riveting also.  

17 comments:

  1. While I love trivia, I can't tolerate Alex Trebek, nor his contestants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy Jeopardy, but never know when it's on. I will check out this time schedule. 8:00, 7:00 central, I assume. Good thing I didn't throw out my TV yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really enjoying this GOAT show on Jeopardy. These guys know so much about such diverse subjects. And I know nothing. Great TV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been watching Jeopardy for years and usually can answer some of the questions. I have been watching GOAT series and am enjoying the interplay between Alec and the players, they all seem to actually like one another and the wife and I chuckle when they do more than answer question. It is more competitive, but more relaxed than the regular episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Years ago, I actually went to a Jeopardy! contestant search. I passed the trivia test and so I was invited to participate in a set of mock games. It took a while before I caught on that the mock games weren't to see who the best players were, but were more like a screen test. I was in the contestant pool for a year, but they never called me. I guess they didn't think I'd look very good on TV. . .

    That little 'peek behind the curtain' kinda changed how I watch the show now. Eeverybody who gets into the contestant pool is smart; it's not usually about who knows more than somebody else. Buzzer timing is really the key, and Ken Jennings is the king of buzzer timing. I don't recall seeing Rutter, but I recall that Holzhauer was very strategic with how he played the board and wagered. . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love Jeopardy. If i get a chance, i will try to watch, i know these people are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard of the GOAT on Jeopardy, but I didn't know what it meant; thanks for enlightening me on that. We sometimes skimmed upon the show and watch it for a moment or two. It is always nice to get an answer right! Should be interesting to see who wins the competition this time around!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't recall the last time Jeopardy was on our Australian TV, probably this one won't be either. I don't mind, I never know the answers and just listening to the questions makes me feel stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live in the wrong place. So sad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This tournament has been fun to watch and it is in Prime Time. Alex Trebek and Jeopardy’s popularity has certainly risen since his sad diagnosis.



    ReplyDelete
  11. We don't have this show on UK TV.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have enjoyed the GOAT version and always watch the regular show in which I do much better. Not so much the GOAT version. My Dad, who was genius grade, said you will never see an older person on Jeopardy as we lose instant recall when we age. Can't tell you how many times on the regular show I have hit pause (my version of a buzzer) just to give me time to dig the answer out of the cobwebs. I kind of hope Ken takes it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been watching Jeopardy for years. Feeling badly for Rutter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't have a clue this was going on so thanks for letting us know when it will be on next. I'll definitely be watching. We love Jeopardy and used to watch it every night it was on when the kids were little. Now they're watching it with their kids. :) Playing Trivial Pursuit is definitely and competition in our house. We learned it all from Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been a Jeopardy fan for as far back as I can remember, didn't get to watch it much during my working years but in retirement I rarely miss it. It makes my day when I know one of the answers, especially in Final Jeopardy, sad to say that doesn't happen very often. I'm rooting for James but expect Ken will take home the top prize. I'm afraid Rutter's age is slowing him down but $250,000 for the 2 non-winners is nothing to sneeze at.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Going into this, there were actually odds posted on some internet betting sites. Most were approximately as follows - Holzhauer, +105, Jennings, +115, Rutter, +280. That is, bet 100 on Rutter, win 280. Tell you the truth, that's where I would have put my money. Rutter had never lost to a human being before these matches (He was a five-time champ in the days when that was the limit, and he had also won every tournament he came back to compete in. He (and Jennings) lost to the IBM computer.) If I was just asked to pick a winner, I would have gone for Holzhauer, but those were huge odds on Rutter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i used to watch such a program long ago that
    it was so tempting and exciting to be part of thrill cast such show
    i do love buzz pressing timing most ,it takes lots of brain and presence of mind :)

    ReplyDelete