NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

The Walter 2018


The Walter 2018
The "Walter"

So many winners of the prestigious “Walter” have dropped out of the blogosphere that I almost discontinued the award.  However, a recent blogger that I follow lamented on the demise of BLOG AWARDS which used to be prolific among bloggers.  I decided to once again continue my award.

I believe there cannot be enough blog awards, I have added my own.  It is named after Jeff Dunham’s hysterical cranky old man puppet, “Walter.”
This award recognizes those bloggers who post consistent (2 days a week or more) original, humorous, thought provoking material, and or anyone I damn well feel like awarding it to.
To accept this award, you need only grab it from above and display it on your blog.  (I assume no responsibility if it is stolen copy written material)

There are no questions to answer.

Without further ado, the Walter winners of 2018:

The first award goes to Magical Mystical Mimi @ https://magicalmysticalmimi.com 

Her posts hold no bars, avoid no language, and fits the Walter requirements to a tee.

Congratulations Triple M. 
Go visit her Blog…do it now!

The second award goes to River @ http://river-driftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

River mixes tales from her life, with fictional stories from writing exercises, along with photos.  I hesitate to give River this award as she has the nerve to occasionally correct my spelling and grammar…still we all have our faults and I just like her.  I believe she is my first Aussie recipient. 
Congratulations River. 

Go visit her Blog and tell her to keep posting!

That is it for this year.  If you did not win, don’t be discouraged, keep posting, I read all the posts of bloggers I follow and your time for a “Walter” will come…if you are nice to me.
To see previous year’s winners:

17 comments:

  1. An award for me? Thank you so much!
    My irregular blogging has a lot (about 90%) to do with the pain in my hands and wrists, and quite a bit to do with other things that need to be done that mean I can't be at home where the computer is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Karen very well and love her to pieces. She doesn't hold back for anything or anyone. River I've not visited but I will.

    Have a fabulous day, Joe. 😎

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, congratulations!
    BTW, Joe, you get “Bacon”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! BACON...that is a "Major Award" from Uncle Skip!

      Thank you.

      Delete
  4. I got my Walter some time ago. Is it good forever?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is safe on your mantle and still deserved!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations. I'll visit them now.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a former Walter winner, I will definitely check out the latest. Though I all ready visit and enjoy River regularly, I will check out Mimi. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! They deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to the newest Walters! I'm a long-time River reader, and heading over to check out Magical Mystical Mimi. I'm glad to see you bestowed these awards without inflicting free flu shots on your audience, unlike the Golden Globes ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I visit River regularly. Love her blog. Don't know Mystical, but will soon.

    I don't need any awards, but a Walter is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to the winners! I visited both blogs and can see why they won. Super fun and very creative too. Now, I know you can't award your own award to yourself, but I enjoy your posts too and think you're always a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heading over to check out the Walter winners!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY!!!!!!! Thank you, Cranky!!! I was gone to the mtns where cell service is non-existent and internet is spotty at best but I did read this but I couldn't post or comment! I'm home now and back at it! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! :D I will be displaying my Walter for all the world to see!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. BIG fan of MMM, here! Congrats, Mimi. ☺ Personally, blogging awards aren't my thing and they usually come with all kinds of time-consuming stipulations for acceptance. How refreshing to see one that does not do that. I will pay a visit to River as well. Thanks for the introduction. Cheers!

    P.S. Also a fan of Jeff Dunham and his "Cranky Old Man" puppet. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete