NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Strange…well different anyway




Strange…well different anyway


I may have mentioned in a previous post or two that my wife sometimes can be a little…er…strange?  Yeah, strange would be the right word.  Not strange in a bad way, strange in different way.

For instance, she does not scoop pudding with her spoon, she dips the spoon straight down into the pudding, pulls it out and eats whatever sticks to it.  It works, but it does take forever to finish desert.  They may flick the restaurant lights on and off and start stacking the chairs and she is still dipping.

She does not like to walk on a sidewalk.  If she can, she would rather walk in the street.  I have no idea why, she just does.  I remember, “Step on a crack, break your mothers back.”  Apparently, she heard it as “Step on the walk, people will talk.”
Then there is the can not wear glasses thing.  She does not need them for distance or reading, but she will not wear sunglasses or even those 3-D things at the movies.  She will hold them up to her eyes but, "I don't like the way they feel on my nose...it is just weird."  I agree with the weird part.

These are just a few examples of the many things that makes Mrs. C so special, and I don’t mean special in the little yellow bus kind of way, but just well, special in a different kind of way.

I thought I knew all her “special” traits, but today I learned a new one.  Maybe it is just me, but I think this is a little strange…you be the judge.

Today we were driving to the store and she had the Beatles channel on.  She was singing along to “Octopus Garden” obviously enjoying it when suddenly she just changed channels with that little button on the steering wheel.

“I want to be, under the sea, in an octopus…(click) Everyday, it’s a getting closer, going faster than a roller…(click) Down the street, singing doo wah ditty, ditty, dum diddy…(click) And frolicked in the Autumn mist in a land…”

“What the hell are you doing?”

“Trying to find a song I like.”

“What the Hell, if you don’t like a song why are you singing along like you are into it?”

“Because I know the lyrics.”

“But you obviously don’t like the lyrics or the song.”

“Sometimes I don’t know I don’t like a song until I sing a little of it.”

That makes zero sense to me.  But then I scoop my pudding, so…


14 comments:

  1. I too am a pudding dipper and a lyrics singer/channel switcher and I think it's perfectly normal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also sing along to songs I don't like, just because I know the lyrics, then I'm glad to hear another song once that's over. There are songs I dislike so intensely I will leap across the room in my hurry to turn them off, but then the lyrics are stuck in my head because it's the last thing I heard.
    I've worn glasses for over 40 years so I'm used to how they feel, perhaps Mrs C's nose is just extra sensitive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with singing along with songs you don't like just because you know the lyrics. I do it all the time. That's when I realise I can sing it better than the original artists.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People who walk on the street, when a sidewalk is available, really piss me off. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all have our weirdness. I love how you make such fun of life itself.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Joe. 😎

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pudding-dipping thing would drive me nuts. When I sing along with the radio I make up my own lyrics, usually insensitive ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of pudding dipping!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I may have to try pudding dipping. It definitely is a way to make a dessert last longer. Kind of like letting chocolate melt in your mouth instead of chewing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't eat pudding often, but when I do, I'm a dipper. You, apparently, are about to get "JERK!"ed, because you just outed Mrs. C as a street walker! If she ever needs glasses, she can get those lenses on a long stick. They're called lorgnettes! I just learned something today, thanks to Mr. Cranky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a new one on me, i know whether i like a song without having to sing the lyrics. That's not to say there's anything wrong with it, it is just not one i'd ever heard of.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can understand the thing about the glasses, because I hate having to wear mine. But if I see a pedestrian walking in the street, I'm tempted to drive on the sidewalk!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dipping into the desert may have started when you don't want it to be over so take little at a time........ and the habit stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can only sing along when I'm by myself, or Romeo will give me that look ~ the one that says "you really can't sing, huh?".

    ReplyDelete