NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Misplaced Guilt


Misplaced Guilt

Here is my regular morning routine, not that you care, but it sets up this post. 

Awake at 8:00 AM.  

Watch “Leave it to Beaver” reruns.

Make breakfast and coffee downstairs while watching “Dr. Phil.”

Take second cup of coffee upstairs and play with the computer for a while.

Go to the basement to practice guitar.

I always feel a twinge of guilt when I leave for my basement lair.  Mrs. C is still in bed, she works nights and does not turn in early so she relaxes in bed in the morning.  I feel like I am deserting her when I head for my man cave, but I need a little alone time.

Still I feel I should spend more time with Mrs. C in the morning.  She always seems so disappointed when I leave her. 

The other day I came upstairs with my second cup of coffee and after playing with the computer for a while I turned my attention to the TV.

“Aren’t you going to practice?”

“In a while, I thought I would spend some extra quality time with you today.”

“Oh…OK…er How much time.”

“Why, don’t you want me to stay a bit?”

“Ah…sure…stay…How long?”

“Are you trying to get rid of me?”

“No! But I do like a little extra nap when you practice guitar.”

“So, you want me to leave you alone?”

“NO!! Well…yes.”

So many days of wasted feelings of guilt…I am a jerk!

21 comments:

  1. And I bet you will still feel guilty in several weeks time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your artwork and follow you pots this very minute!
    หนังผี

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel as though you've been holding out on us about the artwork, Joe. 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. But now you are a contented jerk knowing that you are not deserting your beloved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is why it helps to ask what people want, and make them feel safe to answer with the truth. Enjoy your guitar practice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a win-win deal to me. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Communication can clear up so many things. Also clears up guilty feelings.

    Have a guilt free day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes you can't win for loosing. Actually, I never really understood that old saying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I slept to 8 I'd be checking my pulse. Not criticism, pure envy. How nice that now you can enjoy your mornings guilt free.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There IS such a thing as too much togetherness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The truth is out now...she can sleep right through your guitar practices ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Honesty is good. I like Mrs. C. More and more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've got an honest lady there!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, reading the spouse is a fine art.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope your feelings weren't hurt. No letting you down easy there! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG - this sounds very familiar AND super funny! (lol) Happy to see that someone remembers Leave It to Beaver. Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bet she is taking revenge of those forgotten times when you did not spent time with her and she needed you most then

    ReplyDelete
  18. Leave it to Beaver???? My goodness you are old. No wonder Mrs C stays in bed!

    ReplyDelete