NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Thursday, March 21, 2019

When The Cat is Away


When The Cat is Away

Mrs. C has been away this week.  She is working at a dance studio event.  Her boss runs two events like this every year.  They are a big deal in the world of Ballroom Dancing.

While she is away, I am free to watch whatever TV I want.  I can practice guitar as long as I want.  I can smoke a cigar without hearing about the smell, and enjoy it with an extra glass of port.  I stay up even later than normal and sleep as late as I want…ok that is nothing new.

Point being, for a full week I am on my own.  Being on your own every once in a while, is a good thing.  I sort of look forward to it.

Don’t get judgy on me, I know Mrs. C always looked forward to alone time during my once a week visits to sit for the Pennsylvania grandchildren.

Being on you own sometimes is good for a relationship. 

It is now the third day that I am on my own.  Mrs. C will be back in four more days.

Have you heard of the three-day rule?  That is the limit of days that you visit or are visited by family or friends.  More than three days and welcome starts to run out.

Apparently, there is a three-day rule for Mrs. C being away.  Her absence is no longer a welcome change of pace.  Enough of the alone time, and the cigars and extra glass of port. 

I miss the wife…Let that be our little secret.

13 comments:

  1. I have heard of that 3-day rule. Something about guests and fish start stinking after 3 days. Your secret is safe with me. I won't tell Mrs. C. you may be missing her.

    I do like the few times a year hubby travels to meetings. I get the remote to myself and can choose what I want to watch as well as what I want to eat for dinner, etc. I'm a bit of an introvert so I really do enjoy that quiet time alone. I'm not sure what will happen when he retires.....

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! I knew it! You miss her. That's so sweet. And completely understandable. And you write this on the 21st and now it's already the 22nd (here in Australia anyway) so that's another day gone already. Well, for you it's half a day. Perhaps you'd miss her less if you slept on her pillow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's truth in the old saying 'absence makes the heart grow fonder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you miss her, Joe. You always do. This reminds me of how long I've been visiting you. Just saying.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. 😎

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. C is one smart woman giving you these freedom breaks. Makes you realize that freedom can get boring and lonesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to be alone every now and then. With a drink of course ... so not totally alone.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only thing I like about being alone is not having to make dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure you are still faithfully watching "Say Yes to the Dress," even though Mrs. C is not there to force you into it. Because she would KNOW if you missed an episode.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get what you mean about alone time. My hubby and I are retired and it's a 24/7 togetherness situation here. But, I would miss him after a few days, for sure. I wonder if Mrs. C knows how much you miss her :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course you miss her, even though it's nice to have time to yourself for a bit. Maybe you should tag along for the first 3 days the next time she has to do this, then come home to have the house ready for her. Gives you the best of both worlds, you both get to travel a bit together and then you both get some alone time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's nice to have the house to yourself every so often!

    ReplyDelete