NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Summer Shoes


Summer Shoes


Mrs. C always has an answer.  Sometimes the answer just makes me say, “Wa Wa WHAT?”

My wife is not an exceedingly organized or neat person.  She has many other wonderful attributes, so I overlook the occasional clutter most of the time.  Sometimes I can not help but make a comment.

By our bedroom window, there is a bench.  The bench opens up for storage.  Inside there are currently about one thousand pairs of shoes…ok, maybe twenty pair.

When I do laundry (we share this about 50/50) I never know where to put her folded laundry away.  I pile her laundry on the bench for her to put it away where she wants.

The other day I noticed that the clean laundry was piling up quite high on the bench.

“Are you ever going to put your laundry away?”

“I’ll get to it.”

“When? it is getting so high it may not hold the next batch?”

“It’s fine for now, why do you care?”

“It just looks a mess, and they’re all clean, at some point we won’t know which are clean and which may need to be cleaned.”

“I’ll get to it.”

“When? You know you have shoes in the bench, with all those clothes on the top you won’t be able to get to your shoes if you want them.”

“All those shoes are summer shoes, sandals and strappy things.”

Summer shoes…who knew…at least I know when the laundry will be put away.

15 comments:

  1. Women have summer shoes. I have to agree with your wife on this one. I'm guessing most women have summer shoes. You should know this by now, Joe.

    Have a fabulous day. 😎

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck, even I have seasonal shoes. I never wear my sandals in the winter, and I never wear my snow boots in the summer. But then, I only have about six pairs of shoes, total. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. If she were German, she'd also have house shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember house shoes and aprons that went on as soon as we got home if we didn't change out of our "out" clothes right away. Even our house dresses had aprons over them.

      Delete
    2. I'll second and third Bijoux's and River's comments!

      Delete
  4. You could always get her another storage unit for the summer shoes. Then she won't have to rush to put away her clothes. It would make a good Valentine's Day gift. Not much time left, you'd better get right on that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The thing is, Joe, marriage is a partnership where one spouse is always right and the other is the husband.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all have 'one of those places' in our homes. For some it's a drawer for others a table or even ... ahem ... a bench.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Retired Man folds the laundry and puts mine on my side of the bed. I have a choice of either puttting them away or sleep in another room.

    Twenty pairs of summer shoes is a reasonable. We need them to go with all our colorful summer outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, summer shoes are a must. Winter shoes are too. Jack does the laundry and puts my stuff on my side of the bed. Not that anyone cares! I had to read your previous posts and I loved the one about your Bug! My Dad had one in the early 60's. First one on the block and he loved that car. We did too. All 6 of us kids! Yep, we all piled into that thing and never complained. My little brother was a baby and he fit in that thing in the back...not sure what it was called but I'm sure Dad would be arrested today if he did that! Anyway, that post brought back lots of fun memories! Have a Happy Valentines Day tomorrow! (Just a reminder so Mrs. C gets a nice gift)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even i have a pair of summer shoes. They are also what i slip into at night when i need to use the facilities.

    Most of the people i know who don't put their clothes away leave them out because they have too many clothes and no more room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Huh. I keep all my shoes in the one basket. Easy enough since all I have is two pairs of sneakers, one old and one older, one pair of sandals and one pair of worn out Mary Janes. My fluffy slippers are in there too. And about a ton of dust and fluff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. laughing out loud at your last line. Priceless. Always good to know the time frame.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Summer shoes? Here in Florida, those are called "shoes."

    ReplyDelete