NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Stupid Headlines 020319


Stupid Headlines 020319
That'd be my guess.
This week’s stupid headlines and my stupider sometimes sophomoric comments.

________________________________

Daniel Radcliffe slams Tom Brady over Trump support and MAGA hat – Ah Hell, much as I hate the Pats, this little shit-ass limey actor whose main talent is he happens to look like Harry Potter, weighs in and makes a football game political, so now I have to root for NE! Hey Danny Boy, how about drinking a nice cold glass of shutty!

Royal security warned Meghan Markle not to shut her car door – My wife often tells me to shut the front door…apparently not the same thing.

Stephen King 'farts' in his Tesla – I thought those things didn’t need gas.

Kansas family's Monopoly game triggered fight, 1 needed stitches –Someone must have had to go to jail, go directly to jail, without passing GO and not collecting $200!

South Carolina man reportedly fakes own kidnapping for $130 - $130? Talk about low self-esteem!

Nike Slammed for ‘Insulting Islam’ With Air Max Logo That Resembles ‘Allah’ in Arabic - Who knew? I wonder how many graphic designers at Nike know Arabic?  I see the outline of Richard Nixon...how dare they!

Connecticut governor weighs new tax on groceries, prescription drugs – Well now I’m stuck with a Beatles ear worm:

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat.
If you get too cold, I'll tax the heat.
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.

Serena Williams calls on women to make the first move – OK. as long as they understand that no means no!

1969 Ford parked for 44 years is a dirty charmer - Could we just get 
over that SCOTUS argument already? What? It's a Ford Torino GT Cobra?  

Never mind.

 Turkey accused of stealing Syrian olives, passing off oil as their own – Holy crap, there isn’t enough going on in that part of the world, now there fighting over olives!

Eating breakfast may not help you lose weight, study says – Study also determined that eating a bag of chips and a pint of Ben and Jerry’s may not help you lose weight.

 FEEL-GOOD STORY OF THE WEEEK:

UPS Deliveryman Sees Strange Dark Spot In Middle Of Pond — And Acts Fast – A change of pace from a “dog saves man” story.






9 comments:

  1. Loved, loved, loved the dog rescue. What a guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your feel-good story really made me feel good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the pup feel good story. I'd not heard this. I love a happy ending. As for most of the rest of the so called news? Craziness abounds.

    Have a fabulous Sunday, Joe. 😎

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephen King 'farts' in his Tesla – I thought those things didn’t need gas. <-- I'm not sure what made me laugh more, the headline or your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Greenland meteorite from somewhere other than space would have been a more interesting story...

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used to fight over playing pool growing up, but stitches were never involved.

    It's always nice to read a rescue story. Week before last an Amazon delivery driver was the key to finding a child who ran away from the school in this neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the Kansas family just moved there from Florida, and unpacked their Monopoly game first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your headlines made me laugh, as usual (even if I too am a "shit-assed limey!) Loved the dog story - made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

    ReplyDelete