NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Grapefruit

Grapefruit
My wife thinks she is so smart.  The other morning, I went downstairs to my lair for guitar playing and TV watching.  I asked her,

“I’m going downstairs, anything you want?”
“Yes, could you take a grapefruit out of the drawer and put it on the counter.”
I almost asked her which drawer, because as usual her directions were not very specific until I realized she could only mean the fridge fruit and vegetable drawer.
“You got it.”
Now I have been known to forget or be distracted from a simple request just in going from the bedroom to the stairs.  I was determined to not let that happen.  All the way down the stairs I repeated to myself,
“Grapefruit, grapefruit, grapefruit.”
When I reached the kitchen, and started to the fridge, I saw a pan soaking that I would need to fry up some eggs when my home from college son awoke.  I decided to clean up that pan.
“Grapefruit, grapefruit, grapefruit.”
That done I turned to the fridge and saw a bunch of recyclables that needed to go in the outside bin.  I thought I should do that before I forget.
“Grapefruit, grapefruit, grapefruit.”
I then reached the fridge door and noticed I left the coffee machine on.
“Grapefruit, grapefruit, grapefruit.”
The coffee machine turned off, the pan cleaned and recyclables taken outside, I pulled out a grapefruit and left it on the counter as instructed.
I then went downstairs to my basement hide-a-way and immediately received a text from you-know-who.  It was a one-word text,
“GRAPEFRUIT!”
Oh, she thinks she is so smart.  I immediately sent a text back.
“Done…Duh!”
Score one for the Cranky old Man.  Now if only I could get over the feeling that I have forgotten something.
“Grapefruit, grapefruit, grapefruit.”

21 comments:

  1. Yay! You finally won one! :D Did you feel like Rain Man, "10 minutes to Wapner." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there, done that! Perhaps if you say apple, apple, apple, the grapefruit reminder will disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to this post, not for myself but for Tom. I often ask him to do something and he gets waylaid somewhere or other and forgets. lol
    Thanks for the lovely comment on the Anniversary post but remember that photos often lie, lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the exact same thing! And it works!

    I thought this post was going to be about the evils of grapefruit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An excellent demonstration of your memory powers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smart wife, I'm absent minded as all get out. I can't laugh. But congrats on the grapefruit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made it!! Well done. Too often I don't remember the original task till too late--if at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hubby and I laugh at ourselves for all the things we forget to do with minutes of heading to do them. It's age I'm sure, but it's quite entertaining. We just roll with it. Okay, we laugh a lot too.

    Have a fabulous day, Joe. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. Admirable, who says men can't multi task!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're never going to stop thinking "Grapefruit, grapefruit, grapefruit"!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't even know what to say about this one. It made me chuckle, but I can't figure out why.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on completing your mission!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good one, Joe, but I'd have gotten the grapefruit out first, then cut it in half, juiced it, added some tequila and carried it off to my lair!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yesterday I poured a pot of fresh coffee into the thermos that keeps it hot, got sidetracked, came back in the kitchen, picked up the thermos, and poured the coffee down the drain. Is there hope for me?

    ReplyDelete
  15. not different then me but poor mr C

    ReplyDelete
  16. Danggit, now I'm gonna go to bed, saying grapefruit, grapefruit, grapefruit. It's like that song you can't get out of your head.

    ReplyDelete