NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Friday, October 7, 2016

ELECTION OBSERVATION


ELECTION OBSERVATION

An extra cranky opinion for

CRANKY OPINION SATURDAY

The following is the very cranky opinion of a cranky old man with little expertise on anything.  Opposing opinions are welcome, but they are wrong!  As always, please, no name calling, and that means you, you big stupid head.

I’ve promised myself to not make any election posts.  I can’t do it.  How can I have a Saturday opinion post and not mention the election?

I don’t want to voice a candidate opinion, but I do have an observation that I find distressing.

I don’t know about where you live, but in my travels around New Jersey and to a lesser extent Pennsylvania, I have not seen a single election bumper sticker.  Not a one.

In elections as far back as I can remember there have always been tons of election bumper stickers, maybe as many as on 10% of all the cars on the road.  I never put one on, because I hated the idea of advertising for a losing candidate long after the election was over.

What happened to all the bumper stickers?  Has it just suddenly become a thing that bumper stickers are out as a way to support your candidate?

Or

Are this year’s candidates so despised by so many uncivilized cretins, that people are afraid to advertise their preference?

I think it is the later, and that is what I find distressing.  There is so much hate in this election that people are afraid to show their support with a bumper sticker.  People are afraid that if they display a bumper sticker their car will be defaced or worse.  I think the people are right.  It is dangerous to show you support this year for either candidate.

I also have not seen any lawn posters, except for a few in very rural areas pushing for Trump, and I understand it is common for these signs to be stolen or defaced.

Both sides are guilty of vandalism and in some cases violence towards people who visually support their candidate.

No matter who wins this election, the loser will be civility.  This has been the dirtiest, mudslingiest, disturbing election that I have ever witnessed.  Both sides are guilty.

I see very few partisan hats, shirts or pins.  People are afraid.  Afraid to show their choice with all the crazies that think the way to win an election is through intimidation and hate.

It doesn’t matter who wins this election.  There will be no compromise for the next four years…again; there will only be bickering and posturing all for the purpose of winning the next election…again.  Politicians from both parties at all levels have shown their true colors.  They are petty, disgusting, have no shame, and care not a whit about the people they aim to “serve.”

Serve…HA! Reminds me of that “Twilight Episode Zone” episode where the “wonderful” aliens were being so nice to Earthlings.  The aliens had a book which only the title could be translated as “To Serve Man.” As the aliens were taking off with a batch of Earthlings to go to a better place someone who translated the rest of the book yells, “Don’t go, the book “To Serve Man” it’s a cook book!      

I’m done. I don’t really care anymore.  Civility is dead, hatred, lies and mudslinging is all that s offered.  The next president will be despised and unsupported by almost 50% of the country.  There will be no attempt to come together for the good of the country and the benefit of the people. 

Our Democracy has turned into a bunch of adolescents threatening to leave the field with the ball if they don’t get their way.

I’m afraid we are cooked.

The people have tried to speak, but the politicians, elite power brokers, and the hooligans have said “SHUT UP!”

The preceding was the opinion of a cranky old man and not necessarily that of management…Mrs. Cranky.

22 comments:

  1. Ummm....no argument from me. It's depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Supporters of both major candidates appear to be making their arguments against the other side rather than for their side.

    On the upside, one party only has to try and defend their candidate for four more weeks. The poor winning side has to defend their candidate for four more years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are definitely going down that creek, nary a paddle in sight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more. It really doesn't matter who's in the White House, they're just a puppet anyway. I'm just gonna' cross my fingers and hope for no attacks, wars, bombings, all of our rights being taken away...

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I'm afraid e are cooked."
    Yes you are and I'm so sorry this has happened.
    You all deserve better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. News here is full of what you are going through in the States, and it doesn't make good reading. The press is having a great time raking up all the dirt they can find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched that Twilight Zone episode recently! Scary stuff.

    Like you, I've not seen one bumper sticker and very few yard signs. I did read something online about people with the magnetic car stickers having them stolen, but kids here steal the school magnets too, so no news there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think i'd rather have the vps running in their stead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unfortunately, you are absolutely correct.

    I fear for the future of America.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agreed. It's a horrible thing. Although i have seen a bumper sticker (one) and a couple of yard signs. There's also a local person who has bought a couple of billboard ads and put his name out there in support of one side.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What would happen if they held an election and nobody came? Here in Canada we are watching and waiting to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I won't put out a yard sign. I never have, on the theory it's no one's business. But now, I don't want to jeopardize my property.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is spot on Joe. It's a shame too. We've gone off the rails.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cranky,

    Pretty much sums up what we think of your election too.

    And recent UK elections and referenda have been the same.

    Something is going wrong with the world I think.

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post was unfortunately (& frighteningly) VERY TRUE!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I recently thought of putting my candidate of choice's sticker on my car but then feared keying. There is so much violence and hatred out there. Scary.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whether you agree or disagree with these candidates there is only one who is most qualified by any standards that you can list. Perhaps one of the most qualified ever!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't stand either one of them. I'm an Independent and this has never happened before. The whole system needs an overhaul. Nothing gets done but politics as usual. It's sickening!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think you are right, though I have seen a few bumper stickers and yard signs. Luckily, the people with the yard signs had enough common sense to bring them in before the hurricane.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Where I used to live in Prescott, I still keep on their Facebook page. Lots of signs for Trump are being stolen from people's yards. So true you don't see as many signs or bumper stickers for the people running for president, seen a lot of signs for other offices. Our country is in for a wild ride no matter who is elected president. Batten down the hatches; I fear it will be worse before it is ever better again.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  21. Now I want to watch that Twilight Zone episode. I don't remember ever seeing that one! As a kid, the Twilight Zone episodes really freaked me out. Just the intro music would get my heart racing. And then hearing Rod's voice...OMG.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I totally agree! We are seeing the results of several generations of people who were not taught the value of "respect for all things" and "common sense." Those two values would resolve all the problems. I also long for the days when the media "reported the news" and didn't feel they had the right to interpret it and tell us how to think. The future looks bleak.

    ReplyDelete