NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Monday, May 11, 2020

Life Is Too Short


Life Is Too Short

Yesterday was Mother’s Day.  I missed it.  My mother is gone. I usually remember her on Mother’s Day.  This virus thing has changed my focus.
 
I hope my children all remembered their mother.  They have good mothers, their mothers just were not very good partners, at least not for this partner.

Actually I have reasons to even wish ill will on those mothers, except for my mother.  All my life I heard the same words of wisdom from my mother.

“Life’s Too Short.”

No matter the problem.

“Life’s Too Short.”

“My teacher gave me a ‘D’, just because I misspelled two words on a paper…That’s not fair!”

“So, learn to spell. Life’s Too Short.”

“Chris punched me on the arm because I borrowed his baseball without asking!”

“Next time ask. Life’s Too Short.”

“I got a speeding ticket for going 30 in a 25 mile zone.  It was a clear speed trap!”

“Slow down, “Life’s Too Short.”

“Bobby Keenan keeps pushing me in school.  He wants to fight me for no reason!”

“What does your brother say?”

“He says I should punch him in the mouth!”

“So, punch him in the mouth, “Life’s Too Short to put up with a bully.”

“My wife is leaving me, she ….. and …..and  also ….!”

“Oh my, that’s awful.  Move on, Life’s Too Short.”

No matter the problem, no matter the solution, the final advise was to move on.  Don’t let a problem own you and consume you.

“Life’s Too Short.”

Mom lived into her nineties.  Alzheimer’s robbed her of several of those years. Ninety seems like a long time, until you are 74.  Then indeed, you understand what your mom was telling you all those years.

Bad shit happens.  Even worse shit will probably happen.  Some people will disappoint you.  There are a lot of ass-hats in this world.  Things will happen where you have no control.  If you have the chance and you have some control, punch that bad shit in the mouth.

Otherwise, just move on.

“Life’s Too Short.”






21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. My Mom has put that advice into action way more than once.

      Delete
  2. There are a lot of asshats in the world and I distance myself from all of them. Life's too short.

    Have a fabulous day, Joe. 😎

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such good advice. Not worth the time to dwell on the bad stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen!! And I learned some things with this current situation. Next time I am told to shelter in place I am considering the two houses we own as the place and never again going 2 months without playing with my grandson, assuming the family is still living in our rental. Life indeed is too short.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good advice, Joe... I liked your mom's comebacks, and boy was she right on target. My dad passed at 63, my mom at 64. And the older I get (I'll be 60 in a year) I realize more & more my poor parents barely had any time here at all. Life is too damn short.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is! I used to concern myself about the small stuff, then the big stuff came along. No matter what, you have to shed your tears and move on. There is no alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't think about age and death when I was 40s. Now, oh boy, now I see that life is too short.

    ReplyDelete
  8. By golly it It Is too short. Is anybody working on this?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes it is and my does it go fast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Mom's favorite mantra was "Just do it". I think Nike stole "Do it" from her! Now she's going through the toughest time of her life and I pray she can just do it and get home. Even if it's only for a little while. Life is short.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your mouth-punching advice at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Don't let a problem own you and consume you."
    Best advice ever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i think when angles were building souls of your precious mom and me they mixed up some stuff dear Joe :)

    i think her phrase stores the ocean in a glass so well ,al is need to Ponder and Realize Truth hidden beneath and for this one acquires Insight which i surely you have in abundance
    i loved this post dear Joe ,i think those are Fortunate who remember their mothers and specially the goodness they absorbed from them

    ReplyDelete
  14. Forgive (so you aren't drinking poison and hoping the other person will feel it) and move on. As you move on, focus on all of the good things that are happening, it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally can relate to that. I need to make a plague, " Don’t let a problem own you and consume you." Good one!

    ReplyDelete