NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Quarantine With Mrs. C


Quarantine With Mrs. C

This social distancing thing is weird.  Walking to my mailbox, maybe a quarter mile, I saw no one, not one dog walker, not one car. It was a ghost complex.  I did see one “For Sale” sign.  It seems that is against HOA rules.  OMG, what a nightmare.

Except for last Friday the only person I have had any contact with is Mrs. C.  This is a test of our marriage.  My routine has been upset.  Mrs. C has not gone to work, and worse yet she has been cleaning out her office which is in the basement…my sanctuary!  Is nothing sacred?

My time has been compromised, and our togetherness has been shaky.

Apparently, I talk a lot.  Apparently, I have lots of opinions.  Apparently, I comment on TV shows a lot.  Apparently, I ask questions on TV shows because they whisper and I don’t always pay attention…a lot.

The result is I am told to “Shut up!” a lot.  When she is really annoyed, I even am told in Italian, “Stut a jeet!”  At least I am learning a new language.

I have noticed that Mrs. C gets a lot of phone calls, often from people who are not especially great friends, often very chatty not great friends. 

All I hear during these calls is Mrs. C with constant interjections of “um hum,” “really?”  “I know,” “I hate that” and “Oh WOW!”  There are a lot of “Oh WOW’s!”

After she finally hangs up I have to ask,

“What the hell, I know you weren’t interested in that call, why all the um hums and Oh WOWs’? I never get an um hum or an Oh WOW! I get shut up! or stut a jeet!

“I don’t want to be rude.”

“Well why can’t you be polite to me?”

“I don’t have to be polite to you, you’re my husband…now stut a jeet!”

I’m not sure if that is a good thing or not.


16 comments:

  1. She's clearing out her office? Just rearranging or actually throwing stuff away? It's a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahaha. You just need to find something to do other than your norm which is clearly not Mrs. C's norm and during this isolation period I suggest you get used to the idea that you are never right about annnnnytttthhhhhiiiinng. Hahahaha. - Keep sheltering in place. You're with an Italian woman, she'll see you thru. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't ever give up your blog.... I mean what would I do without a giggle?
    Seriously, I hope you continue filling in time your own way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can always teach us Italian. Tell us a few words every now and then and their meaning.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also finding my style being cramped with the spouse working from home thing. Apparently, I'm loud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! Joe you got plenty of your own friends right here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not really on topic but maybe it is. I remember many years ago living in the Midwest and a major snow storm locked us home bound for almost 5 days. 9 months later there was a spike in new babies. Hum wonder if we will see that trend again as people find something to do filling the time.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to take your side on this one! How dare she invade your territory and disrupt your routine! Surely Mrs. C could limit her "cleaning" to the time you're out getting the mail. Maybe you two could play a couple rounds of "hide the snacks under a kitchen towel" to pass the time. Or even create new hiding places.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had my fears for you during these house arrest times. Hang in there Joe and just realize she is giving you great blog fodder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went through this when hubby retired. I missed my alone time. My solution was to just go some place but that is not an option these days. It helps that I can work from home now. It's a dilemma so many have to resolve. Once a routine is established things will be lifted and we will have to establish a new routine once again!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hubby and I love being together and have been retired for years. It's a good thing.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Joe. 😎

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you are enjoying your wife being home all time wait until she retires.

    ReplyDelete
  13. She loves you enough that you don't count, for most people, that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don’t make me have to drive up there and separate you two :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hahaha

    sounds like a test dear Joe
    i absolutely love her brilliant replies lol ,specially this last haha

    to be honest these are our different vacations cause we don't know when they gonna end so mostly we are minding our own business instead of lots of chatting ,it is occasional with long certain holidays ,not a bad thing right :)
    enjoy and stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete