NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

I Forgot


I Forgot
Getting old can be tough.  The worst so far outside of mild arthritis in my hip and my right big toe, is memory issues.  Mostly I have trouble with names. 

I used to watch Jeopardy and be able to quickly answer when a name was involved.  

Now if the answer to a question is 'Clint Eastwood,' I answer,

“Who is the old guy that used to be Mayor of that town in that state out west that said to go ahead and make something in a movie about Harry…Alex?”

Mrs. C says along with being a jerk, I am pitiful.

I say,

“Don’t be so smug, you’re not getting any younger.  You’re almost old enough to take from your IRA without a penalty.”

“Well I still have my memory, and it’s a good thing, because you’d be lost without me.”

“Yeah, well you forget stuff too.”

“I do not.”

“Yeah you do, just the other day I noticed you forgot something.  That is not like you.  I remember thinking, ‘she’s starting to lose it.’”

“I don’t believe it.  What did I forget?”

“I don’t remember, but it was something.”

“You're a jerk!”


Just a thought:


I have a very nice, very interesting blogging friend from the UK.  She currently has difficulty with mobility and complains of loneliness.  Well this post explains her situation.

If it was not for that stupid ocean between New Jersey and the UK, I would gladly stop by for some coffee and a chat.  I know most of the people who stop by this blog are very nice, very interesting people, some may be a little lonely from time to time as well.


You might want to stop by and give a hello to Valerie, maybe chat just a bit.

13 comments:

  1. I popped over to see what Valerie is all about and had to scrape my jaw off the table when I read how much "they" want to charge for a cup of tea and a chat. I have neighbours that I drop in on for free. Sometimes I feel I have taken on too much with them also coming to my door asking for help with this or that and I have a bit of a mental whinge about it, but I remind myself that I will be that old one day and would hope for help then too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now look here old boy, you may be a little forgetful but this has not stopped you from being a very kind man. It is very nice of you to mention your friend from the UK and suggesting we visit her Blog. I shall do so right now. If it was not for the distance between us I'd come over and buy you a Guinness or two.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you, Joe. People like you make everything worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do not forget anything, we just misplace where we put it in our brain for a while. The wife will ask me something and I tell her I can't remember that stuff. Then suddenly two days later I blurt out to the wife the answer to her question from last week. She gives me that look like I have lost my mind and I calmly tell her that see I do remember things, it just takes longer to find them some days. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Jeopardy answers are similar. It is maddening!

    I am going over to check on Valerie now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Dad told me years ago that there are never older persons on Jeopardy for they lose instant recall. I laugh now when I sometimes hit the pause button to give me just the extra minute to come up with an answer.
    That was sweet of you to post the link for your UK friend. Will visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "You’re almost old enough to take from your IRA without a penalty.” That's my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went over and paid my respects. How sad.

    Have a fabulous day, Joe. I hope you can remember who I am. 😎

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's just too much to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i found her words painful specially knowing that to have company you have to pay sometimes makes me wonder where are we human going dear Joe
    okay after returning visiting her i forgot what you shared so let me check again

    i think you should see doctor for your pain
    i have noticed that arthritis decreases if avoid some certain food specially fried ,oily ,much carbs and grains and yes regular yoga only basic steps that include stretching are helpful with them and also for memory

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just recently developed what I believe to be thumb arthritis. The name forgetting is super annoying. I will stop by Valerie's!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the link, Joe. Going to visit now. :)

    ReplyDelete