NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Friday, March 13, 2020

Diet Update


Diet Update
 

 “Cranky!  No one give a damn about your diet!”

“But…”

“Do you know there is a pandemic?  There is a Presidential primary? The Market is crashing, March Madness has been postponed for crying out loud.  Who cares about your diet?”

“I get it.  Don’t read then, go away.  This is just out of selfishness.  Last week I claimed I was going to lose 15 pounds and do 74 pushups by my 74th birthday, which is in May.  A weekly update is my way of shaming my way to success much like they do with weekly weigh-ins in the Weight Watcher program.”

Anyway, this is the update.  I lost 2 pounds, and have 10 to go.

The thing about diets is they are so frustrating.  My biggest mistake is standing on the scale every day.  I’ve heard you should not do that.  You should not, yet it is difficult to avoid.

What is crazy, is you can go a day of serious dieting, I mean like all day you maybe eat a lima bean and drink a glass of water.  Next morning, stand on the scale, and you’ve gained a pound!

Another day you break down and have a piece of toast with jam along with an egg and a piece of bacon for breakfast.  Actually have a PB+J sandwich for lunch, a steak and baked potato for dinner.  Next day stand on the scale and bang…you lost 2 pounds!

I tell myself, “Stay away from the scale!” Can’t do it.

Anyway, two weeks in and down 5 pounds, so not much, but still on track.

Oh, up to 55 push-ups.  Twenty more by May might be tough.

17 comments:

  1. Great job on the 5 gone so far! I used to be an every day on the scale person but that got me so frustrated and then I avoided the scale for 8 years and that wasn't pretty when I went back on it. Weekly weigh ins work for me.

    I bet you can at least go up 10 more on the push ups by May!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Mrs C, we readers are interested. Five pounds down is better than gaining five pounds! Great job on the pushups, I haven't tried any myself yet, probably I can only manage one or two anyway. I'm not sure how much I've lost, my clothes seem to be fitting the same, but the scales are halfway between 75 and 80kg now where before they were right on the 80, so I'm losing. Walking two or three times a day for 30-40 minutes at a time and no sugar or sugary treats is helping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of push-ups! You're going in the right direction. Have Mrs. C hide the scale (not under a kitchen towel) and only bring it out once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dieting is really hard. I weigh myself once a week and I've learned that it sometimes takes 2 weeks to get a result. So you eat less and lose nothing week one, keep going and you should have a good result week two. So hard though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, that's great encouragement to eat more. I used to diet but got tired of it. Now that I am older the fat wastes away all on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always tell myself it's water gain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, I wish I could lose five pounds. Good for you. However, push ups are out of the question. I can't get down on the floor and I certainly can't get up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dieting can be difficult to maintain but you are smart to put yourself out there to be held accountable. Congrats on the 5. You will make it. Weighing everyday is best once you have reached your goal weight so you can catch yourself if the pounds start sneaking on again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, 5 lbs. lost is better than 5 lbs. gained! That's fantastic. AND push ups??? Holy crow! You're doing amazing. I have no doubt you'll reach your goal! - I'm still doing keto and have lost a lot of water weight at this point and so I continue on. No push ups for me but lots of walking and I'm feeling wonderful. Have you noticed a difference in how you feel?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are doing just fine, and i am glad you are updating, we need to talk about something besides just the news.

    What i figured out is if you are losing, it's best to only weigh once a week, so you don't get so discombobulated by the fact that the body doesn't lose weight in a steady manner, more like what you described. Then, once you are down, weigh every day so you can catch yourself early in the process if you start to regain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to drop 15 pounds as well. I haven’t done push-ups in a while but I plan try tomorrow to see how many I can do. In yoga, there is a pose called planks. It’s like the up part of a push-up...except you hold it for a number of breaths. So far, 25 is my max number of breaths. My arms are wiggling by #25.
    We’re working on portion control and reducing bread and chips.
    Good luck on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not to look at the scale daily. I do it only once a week or maybe later than that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you know you can lose weight if you hold on to something whilst standing on the scales?

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i stood on scale almost two years back in Islamabad while wandering in park where everyone was doing so ,then my weight was almost 70 kg if i remember rightly

    after surgery i realized i lost weight but i have no scale at home so never knew how much it is now
    well done
    you are going superbly ,being careful in diet help it a lot too

    ReplyDelete