NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Sunday, March 1, 2020

STUPID HEADLINES 030120


STUPID HEADLINES 030120
I don't see what could possibly go wrong

This week’s stupid (or strange) headlines and my stupider, sometimes sophomoric comments

__________________________

Rainbow snake spotted in Florida national forest for first time in 50 years – All-e all-e in-free!

Steven Spielberg reportedly 'concerned' over daughter's adult entertainment career – Close encounters of the lurid kind.

If you drive an expensive car you're probably a jerk – By expensive they mean BMW, and by jerk they mean BMW owner.

Over 1,300 complaints were sent to the FCC about Shakira and J. Lo's Super Bowl halftime show – Which means that 83,998,700 had no issue with the show…actually 83,998,699, I watch the puppy bowl during halftime.

Dunkin' Donuts' latest release is quite simply a bag of bacon – Mmmm…BACON!

A teen girl beat the boys to become the first female wrestler to win her state championship – I saw the clip, this was no fluke, girl can wrestle…and she’s cute too.

What is Mark Zuckerberg's net worth? – Depends if it can catch fish or not.

Jail officials fear Weinstein will end up like Jeffrey Epstein – I suspect that Weinstein is also afraid he might commit “suicide.”

Washington state ‘road hazard’ turns out to be lost 600-pound sea lion – How the Hell do you lose a 600-pound sea lion?

Mystery smell overwhelms Pennsylvania county – I blame the first one who smelt it.

Because of coronavirus, 38% of beer-drinking Americans now say they won't order a Corona – Pretty sure this is why “Bubonic Plague Pilsner” went out of business.


FEEL-GOOD STORY OF THE WEEK!

Dave Ayres, 42, emergency goaltender and Zamboni driver gets win in NHL debut – He is also a cancer survivor and a kidney transplant recipient.  This on the anniversary of the USA/Russian Olympic “Miracle on Ice.  I hate hockey, but the best sports stories always come from this sport.











7 comments:

  1. I actually saw most of these stories this week and I'm headed for Dunkin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, heh! The "net worth" took me a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love archery and I'm a pretty good shot but I don't allow Arnie our dog out while I'm shooting. A bag of bacon is a win win for sure! Sometimes we get a mystery smell here at the Pines but it's always the dog..(wink, wink) I can't even imagine that man's surprise when the hockey coach yells: "Hey ice cleaner guy..your in!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I were young with good arteries, I'd definitely snatch up that bag of bacon.
    Loved the Zamboni story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That "net worth" comment is worth its weight in gold to me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder how many of these headlines are written deliberately to catch our attention.

    "Big Hole appears in road. Local Works Department looking into it".

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i enjoyed them dear
    Joe !

    and specially thank you for sharing about young wrestler PROUD OF HER !

    ReplyDelete