NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Thursday, October 3, 2019

Breakfast With Frog


Breakfast With Frog
Friend and Fellow guitar wannabe, Frog, visited this week.
 
We are slowly getting better at playing guitar together at the same pace and are often even playing the same chords at the same time.  We are not yet ready to go on tour.

Breakfast did not go as well.

Keeping up with Frog’s schedule, I got up a little earlier than usual to make breakfast. 

Breakfast is one of my specialties.

I put on a pot of coffee, fried up some bacon, poached eggs, stirred up home-fried potatoes and toasted English muffins.

It was all plated and waiting when Frog got a phone call from work.

Actually, he is retired, so it wasn’t really work, it was his used-to-be- work calling for his free expertise.

He was on the phone for ten minutes while his breakfast was ready.  I was getting a bit miffed.

After fifteen minutes the poached eggs went from perfectly runny yolk to slightly hardened yolk.  The bacon was getting soggy, potatoes and coffee were luke warm, and the muffins were hardening.  I was even more miffed.

After thirty minutes, he was off the phone. I was finished eating my breakfast; his breakfast was, as far as I was concerned, completely ruined.  I was more than miffed.

“Well, I hope your happy. I get up early to make you breakfast, and you can’t cut a phone call short.  Breakfast is ruined.  I worked very hard to make a perfect breakfast and you don’t even care!”

“I had to take the call.”

“Oh sure, your ex-boss calls and you drop everything, while all I ask is a little consideration that you are available when the breakfast I worked so hard to make was ready!”

“But…”

“Don’t but me; you don’t know what I go through to give you a nice meal.  What do you do?  You ignore me! You always do that!  You never think about me!”

“Ah Joe…”

“And then we don’t even get to eat together, you always do that…we never talk anymore!”

“Ah Joe…”

“What?”

“When did you become my wife?”

Um

Shut up and eat your breakfast.”

“It’s still good; eggs are hard, bacon and potatoes a bit soggy, muffins hard, and the coffee is cold, but otherwise it’s good.”

“Fuck you!”

“Can you pour me some fresh hot coffee?”

“Coming up…

and still; Fuck you!”

Friends for fifty-five years…Priceless!

15 comments:

  1. That's what friendship is all about. Now you've made me hungry.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friends can speak their minds without ruining the friendship. Old friends, old married couple - same dynamics! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ten minutes waiting time (for breakfast) is a lot of time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sure you two are married? Sounds like it to me. Just saying.

    Have a fabulous day, Joe. 😎

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least there was no JERK-calling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to feel needed (for both of you)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is great you have a friendship of those many years' duration! Honestly, I love poached eggs If anyone made them for me, I'd be so attentive to eat them when they were ready.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha
    before me it was said by your friend :)
    yes this story is supper interesting and reminded me days when we were newly married and i would find each such move from hubby "unforgivable" what a shame when i remember the night when he went to hotel one night to grab us late night dinner and it took him bit longer than i expected i closed the door and he knocked it for almost fifteen minutes
    now i can slap myself for such stupidity
    ah wives hua :)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Friendships like this don't come easy and fifty-five years should get you both a couple of medals or more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do indeed sound like a married couple, haha. Cherish those long friendships, you're lucky to have that connection after all those years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your his guitar wife. :-) That sounds like a great breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That breakfast made me hungry, not so much after it sat a while. You two did sound for all the world like an old married couple. Now maybe you will understand when Mrs. C uses some of the same words. Old friendships will survive and even thrive just like long marriages do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your annoyance reminds me of being on the phone with my 86 year old mom, though this happened when she was 60, too. Anyway, mid-sentence (mine), she begins giving orders to my step-father. *Sigh* Patience Anita... "You love her and she loves you."
    You and Frog - brotherly love.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heeheehee! Yep, best buddies, i love it.

    ReplyDelete