NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Kauai


Cranky Get-away Part IV

Kauai

The final leg of our Cranky get-away was the garden island Kauai.  The first day we did a beach snorkel trip.  Mrs. C does not snorkel, but she figured she would just enjoy the beach and the sun.  Turned out the beach was more rock than sand and water entry was in only one small slippery spot, so wading was not an option.

Now Mrs. C could have opted to snorkel as it turned out that was the real purpose of the excursion, but she is not a very good swimmer and seldom even gets her hair wet.  She found a small spot of sand under a tree and got some sun and a nap while the rest of us watched fish.  There was not a single complaint and she even claimed she had a good time. 

Mrs. C is a trooper!

The snorkeling was excellent, I enjoyed it more than the snorkeling I have done off the usual catamaran trip.

The next day was a boat ride up a river to visit a lovely grotto.  It was nice, but it was a grotto, no biggie, but I really enjoyed the Hawaiian music and hula dancing during the trip.

Back on the boat for one final afternoon before leaving for home, we enjoyed a cocktail and entertainment around the pool.  The entertainment director then announced a “Most Sexy Leg” contest, and Mrs. C nominated me. 

Incredibly enough I did not win.  I did make it to the second round where we were required to give our best “Tarzan” yell, a pretty stupid requirement for a “Sexy Leg” contest in my opinion, but what the heck.  Apparently, they wanted an actual Tarzan swinging-through-the-trees kind of yell.  Instead I just hollered as loud as I could,
“TARZAN!”
Anyway, I lost.

That’s it for the trip, there is a little more, we did visit Pearl Harbor before we took the plane home, but I sense some blogging boredom so I am ending it here.

Well, there is this clip of Cranky flashing his legs in a losing contest effort.


I was robbed I tell ya!

Mahalo and Alooooha!

  



8 comments:

  1. Sounds - and looks, considering the legs - like a great trip. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might have had a better chance in the sexy leg contest if you hadn't covered up part of your legs with white socks! I certainly hope you weren't penalized for your TARZAN yell, because technically, it WAS a TARZAN yell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you were robbed, and i hope you don't let it ruin the memories of what sounds like a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - the dance steps alone were enough for the win. I cant believe you lost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The garden island is my favorite island.

    Loved the video. You should have won.

    Have a fabulous day, Joe. 🎄🎄🎄

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laughed out loud at your Tarzan yell and I am sure the crowd laughed too.
    You had some moves there Cranky, don't see why you didn't win.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the fix was in!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You yelled "Tarzan"??? For that - and the butt wiggle - you should have at least received honorable mention! At least!

    ReplyDelete