NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Monday, December 15, 2014

YELLING AT THE TV - a cranky re-run


YELLING AT THE TV - a cranky re-run
This cranky re-run is from December 2011

Am I the only one that yells at the TV?  Mrs. Cranky thinks that I am.  I only recently started yelling at the TV.  I think yelling is a product of age.

I watch a quiz show and I have to yell.

Question: What bird can swim, but not fly?

a.      Eagle

b.     Seagull

c.      Penguin

d.     Seal

“Gee Regis let me think.  An eagle can fly, and some dive to catch fish, but I don’t think they can swim.  Hmmm a seagull is around water; I don’t think a seal is even a bird.  Er ah…”

“PENGUIN YOU FUCKING IDIOT IT’S A FUCKING PENGUIN!!  THESE ARE THE EASY ONES YOU DIPSHIT!!”

Mrs. Cranky downstairs washing dishes gets panicky, “WHAT?  WHY ARE YOU YELLING?”

“THIS NUMBNUTS IS TAKING FOREVER TO ANSWER AN EASY QUESTION.”

Mrs. Cranky, out of breath from running up the stairs counters, “Its TV!  I T  I S  A  T V  S H O W.  Why are you yelling?”

I don’t know why I yell, I never used to yell.  When you get older you have no patience.  I feel like I am losing two and a half minutes of my life that I will never get back waiting for some freaking idiot to say “penguin.”  So I yell.

I yell at movies, “DON’T GO IN THE BASEMENT YOU IDIOT.  WHEN YOU HEAR HEAVY BREATING, GO THE OTHER WAY!!

I especially yell at commercials, “FUCK YOU BITCH; HE PAID FOR THE YOGURT LET HIM EAT IT!!”

I don’t yell at home.  I don’t yell in stores.  I don’t yell in the car (maybe a little), I don’t yell at the radio, and I don’t yell at what I read.*

What is it about getting older that makes me yell at the TV?
*My son claims I yell all the time at everything and everybody, but then he never had him as a son!

16 comments:

  1. I don't yell, but I'm constantly told I talk too loudly. I think my hearing needs to be checked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't yell at the tv. my sis-in-law who is in her 40s gets absolutely rabid over sports, however, and will yell, scream, shout, whatever if she disagrees on ref calls, plays, etc. yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not started yelling at the television yet. Look what I have to look forward to. I've also got a son that yelling seems the right thing to do.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm flashing back to the days when my usually mild mannered dad would yell (and cuss!) up a storm watching Notre Dame games. There was no escape until we were old enough to drive - and then we skadoodled! Now my husband does the same thing and I quickly run out of grocery stores to go to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I yell, it never leaves my head. Your way is much healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm awful in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY YOU YELL!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doesn't everybody yell at the t.v.? After all it's always yelling at us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! When I yell it's mostly when nobody is around; like the proverbial tree falling in the forest maybe that doesn't even count?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also. I believe you are dead right about the sea turtle hatch! I am amazed that they nest at that beach & hatch so late in the season.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get that way with Jeopardy sometimes. Mrs. C likes to remind me that, "They can't hear you!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think it is actually the TV Joe, it is the younger folks who think they know more than we do that cant figure out the answer is PENGUIN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the only time I yell with TV on is when the Chargers are playing (and losing).

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a car yeller. And I yell at the TV, when I'm watching the news and waiting for the weather. Then I yell at the weatherman, who says we have a 50% chance of something. Yep. We'll either get it, or we won't.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I yell at coaches during televised football games. "YOU IDIOT! IT'S 4TH AND 8, 32 SECONDS LEFT IN THE GAME, YOU'RE BEHIND BY 4, AND YOU CALL A DRAW? REALLY? THAT'S YOUR BEST PLAY? AND WHY ARE YOU HOLDING ON TO ALL 3 TIME OUTS? YOU THINK YOU CAN CARRY THEM OVER TO NEXT WEEK? SHEESH!

    Yell on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. My hubby yells at the t.v. all the time. Drives me nuts. But maybe people just enjoy yelling at something with the knowledge they won't get an argument back.

    ReplyDelete