NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

DISNEY PLANNING


DISNEY PLANNING
Mr. and Mrs. Cranky are spending the week in Disney World.  Mrs. Cranky loves Disney and is a Disney Club Member.  This week we took the Pa. Cranks and their two Crankettes.  My DIL loves Disney.

Surprise, surprise, this cranky old man does not love Disney.  It is not the worst place in the world, but to me a visit is one notch below eating glass on my top ten list of things to avoid.  I have learned, however, that it is best to just go and try to keep a happy face, or at least keep the bitching and moaning to a minimum. 

This year, when Mrs. C and the DIL put their heads together, I realize that this Disney thing is no simple trip.  NFL teams put less planning into their next game than these two put into Disney planning.

I don’t pretend to have any idea what they talk about, I just get up when they tell me, go where they tell me and follow them around the park as best I can.  DIL came with a several page game plan.  Each day is broken down into color coded blocks with where we will be and what we will be doing at any given time.  We have to cover four different parks, with hundreds of rides and shows.

We have wrist bands to buy stuff and verify fast passes.  Fast passes allow you to skip ahead of long lines.  We get three a day and how they are used involves a great deal of strategy.  Time of day, day of the week, popularity of the ride and distances to restaurants and transportation all play a role in the strategy.  Often fast pass decisions are changed via a phone app on the fly; it is kind of like changing a play at the line of scrimmage in football.  I let Mrs. C and DIL handle all of that.  They argue and debate, but I think it is part of the Disney fun.

To enter the park we can use our wrist bands, but we have “hoppers” from last year on the wrist bands that don’t expire, so we use a card which has day passes which do expire.  That is all I know about that, I’m afraid to learn any more.

I have to cut this short, I’ve just been informed that we will be up tomorrow at 6:00 so we can get to the Animal Kingdom and grab the Safari trip when the park first opens.  If we avoid the crowds we can save a fast pass for another ride.  I need to get my rest; it looks like a difficult day tomorrow.  Safari, “It’s a bugs Life,” Dino world, a Bird Show, lunch, “Nemo the Musical,” a river rapids ride, a roller coaster, and a few more events.  It is all carefully timed.  There will be no delay, no loitering, only three bathroom breaks all timed to be as we pass restrooms on the way to the next ride.  I saw the time line, I’ve seen the map.  It all looks very complicated.  I’m just going to lace up my sneakers and follow the leaders,  Captain Mrs. Cranky and Lieutenant DIL.

It is that or pass the glass and eat up.

21 comments:

  1. On my one-and-only visit to Disney World the only ride I was looking forward to was the one on the airplane back home.

    Have fun!

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. that would be pure torture for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not my idea of fun but it sounds like Mrs. Cranky and DIL are in their element. You're a good man to just follow and obey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Mrs. C. is also a Disney fanatic. I've never been to Disney World but I've been to Disneyland many times, since it was so close to UCLA where I went to college. I've told Mrs. C. that the only thing that could get me back to Disneyland is a grandchild. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a fan either. I don't care to go and thankfully I don't have to go. Eating glass would be far more enjoyable. I feel for you Joe.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, someone has to be in charge. It will be fun until the grandcranks don't want to go again. So, have fun. You will.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My wife was at the original Disneyworld on the second day it was open. She says the only thing she can remember is the constant sound of cash registers. I have never visited a Disney park.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It may sound daunting but honest, I went with such a detail person. It was a bit frantic but we saw more things in two days than most people see in 4. Just be glad they want to handle all the mind boggling logistics. Just tag along and enjoy as much as possible. This too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HATE Disney with a passion. Will never go there again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun in Disney. Could be tiring, but it is fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE Disneyland, nut I HATE planning!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That nut should have been but!!

      Delete
  12. Always thought I'd want to go to one of the Disney parks with my grandkids, but now when the kids are a good age to go, I'm over it. Happily, they love more real stuff, like going to baseball games and spending time at the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, just hush and enjoy. Be happy they did all the logistics. It does require some planning to get the most out of it, since it is so expensive. We live a 50-minute drive from the parks, but we've only seen the Hollywood Studios and Epcot. Epcot is a pretty cool place. And the fireworks at night are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is sort of what Mrs. Cranky tells me, only she doesn't phrase it quite as nicely.

      Delete
  14. Went to Disney World on my senior trip. I am not a fan. The bus ride from Missouri to Florida was more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it is wise for Mrs. Cranky and DIL to plan as they did to get the most out of your money and time while there! Never been to Disneyworld but to Disneyland lots of times; all I can say is ridiculous the cost to get into them these days!

    Enjoy!!!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Use the opportunity to people watch and gather blog fodder.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm right in there with Mrs C and the DIL! When we took our kids I dragged em from ride to ride, bright and early, first in line every time. We did it ALL before noon! They really appreciated my efforts after return trips with the families of friends. Those moms were clueless and they ended up standing in line for hours in the blazing sun! Dumb!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I went to Disney World in 1980. I'm sated for life.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I truly love your site.. Excellent colors & theme.

    Did you create this site yourself? Please reply
    back as I'm looking to create my very own blog and would love to learn where you got this from or exactly what the
    theme is named. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete