Diamond D's brothel began construction on an expansion of their building to increase their ever-growing business. In response. the local Baptist Church across the street started a campaign to block the business from expanding with morning, afternoon, and evening prayer sessions at their church.
Work on Diamond D's progressed right up until the week before the grand reopening, when lightning struck the whorehouse and burned it to the ground!
After the cat-house was burned to the ground by the lightning strike, the church folks were rather smug in their outlook, bragging about "the power of prayer."
In its reply to the court, the church vehemently denied any and all responsibility, or any connection to the building's destruction.
The crusty old judge read through the plaintiff's complaint and the defendant's reply, and at the opening hearing he commented "I don't know how the hell I'm going to decide this case. It appears from the paperwork that we now have a whorehouse owner who staunchly believes in the power of prayer and an entire church congregation that thinks it's all bullshit!"
- Old Farts are easy to spot at sporting events; during the playing of the National Anthem. Old Farts remove their caps and stand at attention and sing without embarrassment They know the words and believe in them.
- Old Farts remember World War II, Pearl Harbor, Guadalcanal , Normandy and Hitler. They remember the Atomic Age, the Korean War, The Cold War, the Jet Age and the Moon Landing. They remember the 50 plus Peacekeeping Missions from 1945 to 2005, not to mention Vietnam .
- If you bump into an Old Fart on the pavement they will apologize. If you pass an Old Fart on the street, he will nod or tip his cap to a lady. Old Farts trust strangers and are courtly to women.
- Old Farts hold the door for the next person and always, when walking, make certain the lady is on the inside for protection.
- Old Farts get embarrassed if someone curses in front of women and children and they don't like any filth or dirty language on TV or in movies.
- Old Farts have moral courage and personal integrity. They seldom brag unless it's about their children or grandchildren.
the Old Farts who know our great country is protected, not by politicians,
but by the young men and women in the military serving their country.
This country needs Old Farts with their work ethic, sense of responsibility, pride in their country and decent values..
We need them now more than ever.
Thank God for Old Farts!
Pass this on to all the "Old Farts" you know.
I was taught to respect my elders…..It's just getting harder to find them.