NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

DANCING AIN’T FOR SISSIES - Paragon Dance Competition


DANCING AIN’T FOR SISSIES
Mrs. C's bosses


This cranky old man spent the weekend in Rye New York at a Ballroom dance competition.  You know, the “Dancing With The Stars” stuff.  What with my steady diet of reality TV including shows such as “Say Yes to the Dress,” some of you might think I am leaning to the gay side.  I assure you, though I may be getting in touch with my feminine side, I am not changing teams.  In fact the few gay friends I do have specifically requested that I do not change sides.



Anyway, I did not participate in the competition, I only went to help clean up after it was over.  Mrs. Cranky loves Ballroom dancing, and is manager of a local studio which runs this particular competition.  She volunteered my services.
Dance Floor before



 Ball room after


Besides, Ballroom dancing is not a gender orientation event.  Most of these dudes are very straight, and by the way they move I suspect they have no problem attracting women, and the women are hot with a capital HOT!
If you watch DWTS, you may think the stars are good dancers, and they are, but the dancers in this competition, amateur and professional, are great dancers.  They maintain perfect posture while every movement is sharp and crisp. They appear  to glide around the room as if they were Olympic ice dancers.  The ballroom style takes endurance, athleticism and strength.

Believe me, this dancing is not for sissies!
Kids starting early:

The best of the amateurs 
To see Mrs. C’s bosses in action at previous contests:

17 comments:

  1. This is the first time I noticed the Google it young people snippet, love it!
    herrowurld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My in-laws used to be ballroom dancers, before I met them. S was a dressmaker and made their costumes too. They had quite a few prize cups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's something i've always admired, the ability to dance. My mother had me in ballet as a child, and trust me, dancing just ain't happenin' here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dancing is hard work. I can't think of anything I've done that equals it, except maybe riding a motorcycle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did ballroom dancing at competition level but that was a long, long time ago. Loved it though, and the dresses that went with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. go, dancing folks, go! i don't even have the energy to watch from the sidelines. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hard work indeed. This was a fun post.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by Driller's Place. I've also noticed that when my wife volunteers for something, I automatically become a part of the team, ususally the clean up crew. I love ballroom dancing. I took lessons in social ballroom dancing in jr. high and high school. It was great fun. So You Think You Can Dance & Dancing With the Stars are must watch shows at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These people are TRUE athletes!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tap dance, and that's hard work, too--even at my very humble level. Good for you, helping make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I watched the videos and one in a previous contest. Your title for this post is perfect. Mrs. C has really widened your horizons!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've taken a few dancing lessons but I have two left feet and step on a lot of toes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was more of a free-style jitterbugger in my day. "My day" was a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I sprained my ankle square dancing. Long story.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Taking formal dance lessons was a normal passage for high school kids in Germany. I had fun and I still love waltzes (listening to them), but I haven't been dancing in decades...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We took ballroom dance lessons when I was in elementary school. All the girls loved it. All the boys hated it. Later attempts to dance brought out the fact that I was no where near coordinated enough. I'll just have to dance vicariously through these folks...that's as close as I'll ever get. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd like to be able to dance and I suspect if I focused and applied myself, I could learn, but I've always felt goofy when I tried and that's worked against me.
    R

    ReplyDelete