NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Saturday, November 7, 2015

A Conservative Opinion on a Bad Idea


A Conservative Opinion on a Bad Idea

A cranky opinion for

CRANKY OPINION SATURDAY

The following is the opinion of a cranky old man with minimal knowledge on the topic opined.  Opposing opinions are welcome, but they are wrong.  Please, as always, no name calling; that means you, you big stupid head!

I have vowed to not post or comment on anything of a political nature.  I am fed up with the backbiting, the talking points, the hypocrisy, and the unfair characterizations.

I can’t opine about religion because that is more dangerous than politics.  Sports bore most of the ladies, and many readers claim they do not watch TV.

So what is left?  Well coming off last week’s Halloween, there is candy.

I have a gripe about M+M’s; specifically my complaint is with their new M+M’s with pretzels. I like plain M+M’s.  I like that they melt in your mouth and not in your hand.  I love peanut M+M’s, they are my favorite. I do not like the M+M’s with pretzels.

You may wonder, what is the problem; just don’t eat the M+M’s with pretzels.

The problem is there is no way to tell if an individual candy has a peanut or a pretzel.  When I pop what I think is a peanut M+M in my mouth expecting to bite down on that crunchy delicious peanut and instead get that crusty crunch and salty tasting pretzel I am thrown off in a most unpleasant way.

Even when I am told it is a pretzel M+M, the look is so ingrained in my taste memory that I am still shocked when I get that disagreeable salty chocolate combo.  The disappointment is much like when you grab a piece of candy from a Russell Stover assortment expecting to get a cherry middle and get that hard crappy caramel instead.

Please M+M, I beg of you, end the production of this horrible idea of a candy.  There can’t be anyone out there that prefers pretzels over peanuts…Oh damn, I guess there is that peanut allergy thing.

Well then at least put a warning on each M+M pretzel shell, “Warning this M+M contains a salty pretzel; do not expect a tasty crunchy peanut!”

The preceding was the opinion of a cranky old man and not that of management… Mrs. Cranky (who actually likes those horrible pretzel things.)

16 comments:

  1. I don't post about politics or religion either.
    That's why you get lots of lame crap about my cat.

    BTW - I think that if the pretzels need chocolate, they must be pretty bad pretzels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But aren't they sold in separate packaging? Here in Aus. we buy plain M&Ms in cellophane bags, Peanut M&Ms in cellophane bags and I haven't actually looked for the pretzel ones but I'm sure they'd be in their own little cellophane bag.
    Unless someone at your home has emptied all the bags into one large bowl? That's sneaky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this new idea has filtered into the UK I'd better watch out. I just can't imagine salty M&Ms. NOT a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since i've never tasted these new ones, all i can do is tell you to never eat M&Ms unless you are getting right out of the bag itself, so you know it's the right ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ". . . claim they do not watch TV". This gave me a chuckle. I don't buy it either!

    Those pretzel M&Ms are nasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As others have said, aren't some packaged as ALL peanut M&M's, not a mix? Just buy those. And I agree, pretzel M&M's sound like a horrible idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought a bag once just to see how they would be; I love chocolate but I couldn't finish the bag of them. I was also amazed at all the different flavors M and M's come out in, especially around the holidays.

    Now Goldfish cheddar crackers mixed with pretzels are really good, just saying.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't eat candy, but I agree with you on this. M&Ms should not have a pretzel anywhere near them. Yuck.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll have to try them!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sure there are plenty of those nasty M&M pretzel thingies but I can't find the little blue and white coated mint flavored dark chocolate York Mini candies anywhere around here. Life is just not fair---ever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe they come in the same bag.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm agin 'em. I've never had them but I'm agin 'em.
    R

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all M&M's, including the pretzel kind (please don't hate me) but the peanut butter kind are the best! For a while they had coconut M&Ms, those were really good, but they were discontinued. Obviously I didn't buy enough of them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dunno, Joe. I like M&M's, as well as the ones with peanut butter....

    Curious about one thing.....why not do those political and otherwise posts? Seriously, it's just the internet, it's not like it makes any difference, and I've looked, and you don't get any of the flames and disrespect that some get.

    It makes things more interesting to my mind. I know we don't always agree on things, liberal vs. conservative, etc. Who cares? It's the effin' internet, nobody cares. And what else do we have to do with our remaining years than be interesting? Why be bland?
    Anyway, best to you.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  15. PRETZEL? I don't think so. I'm still mourning the loss of Coconut M&Ms.

    ReplyDelete
  16. you would think they could design them to look differently. :)

    ReplyDelete