NEW AND IMPROVED
This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!
Wednesday, July 10, 2019
It Gets Hot in Summer
It is a good thing I turned on the news this morning…
“This just in, it is Summer, it gets hot in Summer!”
And if it isn’t hot enough, we have the “heat humidity index” which tells you that even though the temperature is 88, with the humidity it feels like 127!!
I remember when Summer heat was something we looked forward to. Running through sprinklers, water balloon fights, sneaking into the country club swimming pool, popsicles, and ice cream. Apparently, I was lucky to have survived the heat back in those days as today I am warned to
“Stay out of the heat, it is very dangerous!”
But, if you must go outside, here are the TV tips to survive.
1. Keep hydrated! At all times have water available, take a sip every five minutes.
2. Wear light highly breathable clothes, do not wear your winter ski jacket or a rubber suit.
3. Open windows in cars. Do not leave a child or pet in a car for even seventeen seconds.
4. Avoid alcohol.
5. Stay out of the sun, stay under an umbrella at all times.
6. Try to limit movement.
7. Periodically pour ice water over your head.
8. Sit on a block of ice if possible.
10. Better yet, stay inside with the air conditioner set to 65 degrees until October.
Enjoy your Summer!