NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Thursday, July 5, 2018

Jersey Standoff


Jersey Standoff


Mrs. C and I are at our Jersey Shore summer rental.  Two bedrooms, a bath and a kitchen/main-room combo apt off the garage of the real house.  We are feet from the beach and it is a nice summer get-a-way.

"Get-a-way from what" you may ask, “You’re retired for crispy sake.”

OK, it is not a get-a-way, it is a change of venue…don’t be so picky.

And yes, I said I was done posting for a while…It's not like I collected presents and a gold watch at a goodbye party, maybe I can still post if I feel like it, just not every friggin day.

Anyway.

The other night I was watching nothing special on TV, while browsing the internet on a laptop from my comfy Archie Bunker chair, feet up on an ottoman.  The TV remote was also on the ottoman.  Mrs. C was sitting on a loveseat tapping away on her laptop.  We were both equidistant from reaching the ottoman sitting remote.

“Can you pass me the remote?”

“Why, I have to get up to reach it, you are just as close.”

“But it is on the ottoman that you are resting your feet.”

“Still, I have to move my feet and scootch up to reach the remote, you can reach it as well with the same effort.”

“Kick it to me then.”

With a slight back-footed flip, I sent the remote sliding three feet on the floor where Mrs. C could reach out and grab it.

Standoff resolved.

We may be a little lazy.

19 comments:

  1. Well you were lazy right then. I'm sure you'll do something will you're a few feet from the ocean.

    Have a fabulous summer vacation on the beach. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, but one of you will be in a wheelchair soon. Please make a pledge to pass the remote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what i hoped you would do, post once in so often so we know all is well with you. And obviously, all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it's so much laziness, as not wanting to be taken advantage of. Mrs. C was testing you to see if you would make her life easier at the expense of your own comfort. You chose not to put her needs ahead of your own.

    The issue was resolved with neither of you feeling like you gave in. Bravo. Even though you had to move your foot. We have this test of wills around here all the time. In reverse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BHow about those times when neither MB or I can be bothered enough to even turn on a tv.
    The MoB has two, one of which is always on, sometimes both.
    There are three others that may get switched on occasionally, but not if something else has us occupied.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article.
    I'll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your
    useful information. Thanks for the post. I'll certainly return.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Standoff peacefully resolved, that's always a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see you have retained your sense of humour. Remotely! The idea of having two remotes is worth thinking about... less hassle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I have really enjoyed surfing around your
    blog posts. In any case I'll be subscribing to your rss
    feed and I hope you write again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys aren’t armed are you. I can see these things ending badly.
    I’m not sure what happened offices, one moment he was kicking the remote and the next my pistol went off....8 times :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hot summer days at the shore -- made for lazy. Enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, it's a vaca and you're allowed to sit back and chill and kick/slide the remote! I don't care if you're retired or working, a day away from home is a vacation! I just spent a week at home..alone with hubby at Boy Scout..excuse me.."Scout" camp for his final year. Although I didn't go anywhere fabulous, no beach at the back door, and lots of cleaning and clearing out of stuff..it was better than any good day at work! I'm ready for that retirement thing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to see you on my readers list. Just whenever Joeh, there are no hard fast rules here.
    Have you thought of two remotes? I live alone but recently had company and my two remotes--the fast forward button on one is worn out--- really worked out great.
    Love the expression "for crispy sake." Consider it borrowed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You didn't use your age card? Remember how your dad used you as his remote control, before there were real remote controls? He picked you because you were younger than he was....the age card. You're older than Mrs. C, right? It's a perk you've lived long enough to enjoy. Use it. (If things get violent, you didn't hear this from me.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aaaawwww...come on, admit it - you missed us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good to see you're still here. And you're right, you cranky old man. You can blog whenever you bloody well feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy that you're back and now I'm catching up! - If I'd have slid that remote the back of it and the batteries would've went flying and I'd of had to get up anyway!

    ReplyDelete