NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Friday, July 27, 2018

Ingredients


Ingredients

Do you really care about the ingredients in products?  I guess I do a little, but I assume that the FDA and other government watchdogs will protect me.  Then there is the legal system.  Manufacturers need to protect themselves from lawsuits, so I assume most products are safe.

Yes, I may be an idiot, but there is enough in life to worry about, I’m not worrying about product ingredients.  GMO food?  Screw it, maybe I could use an extra limb or an eleventh toe.  Gluten?  It was not an issue for 70 years, I’m not going to make it an issue for me now. 

I do get it; many people are lactose intolerant and it is good to know if that dessert has dairy or not.  Gluten affects many people, and nut allergies are common.  It is just that these things do not affect me, so yeah, I don’t care.

I do get a kick out of products that advertise special ingredients like they are scientifically proven to be super-duper.

There is a yogurt that pushes its product as one that will help regulate your bowel movements.  The special ingredient that does this is…drum roll please…BIFIDUS REGULARIS! 

Why not just name it POOPULUS TIMLINESS?  Is there really an ingredient that some scientist decided to name bifidous regularis because it makes your movements regular?  I don’t think so.

There is a product that removes the bags from under your eyes.  What is the ingredient that takes the bags from under your eyes that this product proudly touts? 

“Its silicates from shale.”

Well now, silicates from shale, of course that would take bags from your eyes.  Like some scientist thought, “I wonder what might take the bags from under one’s eyes…I’ll bet silicates from shale would do the trick…Yeah that should do it!”

What else did they try before they decided silicates from shale would work?  Dog doo?  Slime from clams? Gook from lobster livers?  No, I think silicates from shale should be just the thing to remove bags from under your eyes…sign me up!

Here is the one that really gets my attention.  If you are having memory problems there is a product that can help.  What is the special ingredient that improves your memory?  Enzymes from jellyfish! 

Well that makes sense.  If you are having trouble remembering things, why not supplement your brain with enzymes from the dumbest, most unthinking animal on the planet…JELLYFISH!

And yet, people buy this crap!

Lately my golf game sucks.  I just can’t cure a nasty slice.  There is a new golfing energy drink that claims to have the ingredient, “Endus sliculitus!”

It has to be worth a try.

17 comments:

  1. What gets me is how many people fall for this stuff and actually believe it will work if only they buy enough and use enough. Silicates from shale? Really? You probably just need to drink more water and get more sleep if you want to reduce your under eye bags. Those are generally genetic anyway and can't be removed without surgery I'd think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JELLYFISH! I need JELLYFISH! Where can I get it. No, don't tell me, I'll only forget. Actually I wonder how we managed to exist before scientists discovered all these fabulous remedies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not touching that hooker question. Oh, wait. My friend is a hooker (makes hooked rugs from wool strips on a stretched backing material attached to a frame. It was hell on her wrists and she had to have carpal tunnel surgery.

    Gotta love the placebo effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is why i stick to a couple of basic vitamins and let other people take all the hundreds of things that are supposed to keep you alive forever. Good luck to them, i hope their money doesn’t run out before their extended lives do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're not going to list the really bad ingredients anyway. It's like a few years back when China was adding lead to everything from children's toys to food.

    I don't know why they were adding lead.

    Worker: "Boss, I think I'm done making all the toys you assigned to me this week."

    Boss: "Great! Now just add some lead and we'll ship them off!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do have to read some labels with my heart disease. Try to limit salt, fat and cholesterol. Other than that I totally agree. I also agree with Olga, the placebo effect is quite powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, this makes me wonder about the stuff they sampled before finding an ingredient that supposedly works. Jellyfish would be pretty far down my list. And who signs up to TRY such remedies?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let me know if it works!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really think some of the labels are an excuse to charge more. Buy an organic, non GMO, gluten free version of something and you're going to pay about twice what you would for the regular version.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What amazes me is that now things are advertised as gluten free, dairy free, cholesterol free...that always have been. Like, you know, the gluten free, dairy free, cholesterol free apple!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had me with the under eye bag cure..I'm mean, really, I need that. I have multiple ugliosis...send me the link.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, they’re interesting concoctions, but have to tell ya, that several years ago my hairdresser then brought in an eye product like the one advertised. Shes always been big on getting in shape for her annual high school reunion even though in her seventies. She showed me by applying the product to her wrinkles around her eyes, much as the tv ad — it worked! I forget the time duration she said it lasted, but was sufficient for her evening at her reunion. Not a product I’d use, but to each his or her own.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No matter what you pay for this stuff, it all ends up in the same place ....

    ReplyDelete
  14. If I ever want to lose my bags, I just fly Virgin Airlines.

    Popping in after a long time. I'm glad to see you're still here and still as cranky as ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You remind me of my husband who is forever ranting at the TV about made up words - often in the beauty industry. I must tell him about poopulus timliness and pretend it's a real thing - he'll explode!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so true and I wonder how many people actually have issues with gluten and how many are just jumping on the gluten free bandwagon. Your comment about the GMO's is hysterical. I could definitely use a few extra limbs!

    ReplyDelete