NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Sunday, February 14, 2021

IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME

 

IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME



 

For Valentine’s Day Mrs. C gave me a coffee cup.  The cup had words which claimed “I wish I could turn back time.” 

Mrs. C does not like to use her words very often, so if she says it with a coffee cup that I can read every morning, I will gladly take it.

I agreed with her, I wish I could turn back time.  We met relatively late in life, and had both gone through relationships that were lacking.

Sometimes lacking in affection, sometimes lacking in sanity.  It would have been nice if we had met before those bad times.

Then again I had to remind her that if we turned back time too far she would have been the baby sitter. 

I do have a way of ruining the moment.

If we could turn back time, we could eliminate many bad times.  We would also not have the wonderful children we both have today, and without the bad relationships, would we appreciate what we currently have? 

Maybe not.

Mrs. C has a few quirks, I have more than a few.  Would these quirks have ruined a relationship if we could turn back time, or can we easily look past them today because we know what REALLY BAD quirks are like?

Turning back time sounds great, but sometimes, past times are what prepares us for the truly good times to come…that is, if you are lucky.

Now every morning when I pour my coffee, I am reminded how lucky I am.

18 comments:

  1. I don't need a coffee cup to remind me I am the luckiest man in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you both the best of happiness always.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You 'ol softy! So darn sweet and very true. Sometimes we have to through the rain to appreciate the sunshine. Happy Valentine's day to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it so wonderful when you finally find that special one. It took Jim three tries to find me. I was smart enough to wait for him to find me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hubby and I have had this conversation too. We decided that we got together when we were supposed to. Years ago probably wouldn't have worked. Like you we are enjoying our lives together.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. A blessed and beautiful Happy Valentine's Day to both of you. You both kissed plenty of toads to come up with your true loves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! Good thoughts for today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was sweet of Mrs. C to give you a cup of words, JERK not being one of them! I am sure she does not want to over-use that special term of endearment by letting you receive it every day. If I had such a fancy cup, I would toast to many more happy years of Cranky togetherness for the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are right about the past preparing us for who and what we are today, and that is the best coffee mug ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like. Uncle Skip. said...... I am the luckiest person when it comes to that subject.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my God, so many things in this post are relatable, but the ruining the moment thing is me to a T!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, how sweet. You are a lucky person Cranky but so is the Mrs. And you are so right, early on you two just might not have fit as well as you do now. Sometimes we need life to wear off the sharp edges. Keep enjoying that coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are lucky to have her. I think you appreciate what you have more by going through bad relationships. I don't think there will be another relationship for me. The juice is not worth the squeeze.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think without a doubt had my husband and I turned back time we would never have been interested in each other but each of us a bit older, me in my late twenties, he in his early thirties, that the time was right.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh such a sweet and sensitive sharing dear Joe

    brought tears in my eyes
    your conclusion says it all and so beautifully
    we are not angles nor live in heaven ,we are humans and are free to make mistakes ans learn from them ,fast learner can create their heaven here yes this is so true ,so enjoy your heavenly relationships :) each passing day will make you feel MORE FORTUNATE !
    you

    ReplyDelete