NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Jeopardy For Seniors

 

Jeopardy For Seniors

 

Mrs. C and I are big fans of the TV show Jeopardy (RIP Alex).  We have often noted how some of these really smart contestants can not answer some simple questions…well simple if you were born before 1980.  On the flip side, questions that relate to events within the last 20 years leave us hemming and hawing.

 

Recently College chum Marty sent me a quiz of Jeopardy questions for seniors.   I suspect those from a younger generation would not do well on this quiz.   I almost aced it, missing only the first half of question number 10 and I only missed by naming a similar character…I think I should get partial credit. 

 

Anyway, for my fellow seasoned citizens give this quiz a try.  We are smarter than you think, they just don’t ask the right questions on “Jeopardy.”

 

Jeopardy For Seniors

 

 

 

Let's see how good your memory is.

 

Don't look at the answers yet, wait until the end.

 

 

 

01. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask,

"Who was that masked man?"

 

Invariably, someone would answer, "I don't know, but he left this behind."

What did he leave behind? A ______ ______.

 

02. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. In early 1964, we all watched them on The __ ________ Show.

 

03. "Get your kicks, __ _____ __!"

 

04. The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed to _______ ___ _______.'

 

05. 'In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ___ ____ ______ _______.'

 

06. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we 'danced' under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the '_____.'

 

 

07. Nestle's makes the very best... _________.'

 

08. Satchmo was America 's 'Ambassador of Goodwill.' Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was ____ _________.

 

09. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? ___ _____ _____.

 

10. Red Skeleton's hobo character was named ______ ___ __________ and Red always ended his television show by saying, 'Good Night, and '___ ____ .'

 

11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their _____ _____.

 

12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW.  What other names did it go by? ______ or ___.

 

13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, 'the day the music died.' This was a tribute to _____ _____.

 

14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called _______.

 

15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the _____-____

 

16. Remember LS/MFT _____ ______ /_____ ____ _______.

 

17. Hey Kids!  What time is it? It's _____ _____ ____!

 

18. Who knows what secrets lie in the hearts of men? Only The ______ Knows!

 

19. There was a song that came out in the 60's that was "a grave yard smash". It's name was the _______ ____!

 

20. Alka Seltzer used a "boy with a tablet on his head" as it's Logo/Representative. What was the boy's name was ______.

 

ANSWERS:

 

01. The Lone Ranger left behind... A silver bullet

 

02. The Ed Sullivan Show

 

03. On Route 66

 

04. To protect the innocent

 

05. The Lion Sleeps Tonight

 

06. The limbo

 

07. Chocolate

 

08. Louis Armstrong

 

09. The Timex Watch

 

10. Freddy, The Freeloader and 'Good Night and God Bless.'

 

11. Draft Cards (Bras were also burned. Not flags, as some have guessed)

 

12. Beetle or Bug

 

13. Buddy Holly

 

14. Sputnik

 

15. Hoola-hoop

 

16. Lucky Strike/Means Fine Tobacco

 

17. Howdy Doody Time

 

18. Shadow

 

19. Monster Mash

 

20. Speedy

 

 

How did you all do?

 

 

14 comments:

  1. I got 11 of the 20 and I'm from another country, so I think I did okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 17/20. I missed...

    #10 Darn that Clem Kadiddlehopper!

    #13 I answered The Big Bopper, which is technically true. I only knew it from the lyrics to "Hard Luck Ace," by Lacey J. Dalton: "The Big Bopper talked The Outlaw into givin' up his seat, with Buddy Holly on that midnight flight." I should have known Buddy Holly was the bigger name! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYMLjmeZGSk

    #20 Never heard of that little guy, but wrongly guessed "Fizz"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant "technically true" that he was ON that flight, not that the song was a tribute to The Big Bopper!

      Delete
  3. I didnt know the Lucky Strikes one. And could not think of Speedy's name for anything. This was fun and several of them I sang along with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We both did a post on Jeopardy. Great minds. Didn't remember Speedy but got all the rest. That was fun. Did you know Ken Jennings was the oldest contestant ever on Jeopardy when he did the greatest of all time show?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Red Skelton question got me but the rest were easy for this older than dirt senior.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only knew half of them, but I’m at the very tail end of Baby Boomers.
    Sometimes I see TIL (Today I Learned) posts on Reddit and I almost always think to myself, “Isn’t that common knowledge?” I suspect it’s mostly Millennials on there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got most of them. Good to know I'm okay. Well as okay as I can be.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Joe. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have seen this before, yet I always seem to miss Freddy The Freeloader.
    We had another definition for LS/MFT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since i was born in '63, i am proud to say i got all but Freddy the Freeloader. While i remembered the name Clem Kadiddlehopper, Freddy eluded me. (My little brother and i adored Red Skelton and were so happy to be allowed to stay up a half hour late to watch him the nights he was on.) Yes, i watched a lot of TV reruns as a kid, we were lucky to have an independent TV station in addition to the big 3 in our city so i got to see lots of stuff that was just a bit before my time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i enjoyed the jeopardy for seniors

    i think brain needs lots of practice to stay awaken and this one sound great :)

    ReplyDelete