NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Saturday, June 22, 2019

STUPID HEADLINE SUNDAY 062319


STUPID HEADLINE SUNDAY 062319

This week's stupid headlines, and my stupider, sometimes sophomoric comments.

Alabama man allegedly fed 'attack squirrel' meth to keep it aggressive – Poor man’s pit-bull!

Missouri teen 'felt God' save him in 50-foot-drop off cliff – If he was a really good Christian, maybe God would have stopped him before he fell.

Millennials, Gen Zers opt out of deodorant use – Most deodorants stink, if you bathe regularly, and do not have a persistent perspiration problem, then these young people are right on!

Marilyn Monroe statue stolen from atop Hollywood art space – I’ve got the headline for when the crooks are caught, “Bust of busts thieves are busted!”

US-China trade war could lead to shortage on Bibles – Really? That is what we need to worry about with a trade war?  There is a Bible in every hotel/motel room in the country and about 99% have never been opened!

NHL star wants to return for 22nd season: 'I got nothing else going on' – I feel the same way about blogging.

New Jersey man arrested after calling 911 to complain about bar banning – When a bar bans you, you just might have a drinking problem.  Dialing 911 to complain about it when you are drunk pretty much confirms it.

Gun-wielding Alabama granny held wanted man at gunpoint – A Jersey Grandma would have held him at bay with cookies and milk.

Bank of America CEO says company wants a ‘cashless society’ – Unfortunately they are off to a good start with me.

Woman released from jail locks herself in stairwell for 2.5 days after getting lost – Not so great an escape.

Nigerian investigators dismiss wild reports rogue gorilla ate $22G in cash at zoo – I suspect it was the Prince that keeps emailing me.

Feel-Good Headline of the Week:

103-year-old runner Julia "Hurricane" Hawkins breaks new record – I’ve got to get to the gym!

GO Hurricane GO!!
















11 comments:

  1. What strikes me is that most of our Bibles are printed in China, where the Bible is all but banned and the persecution of religion is worse now than during the Cultural Revolution.

    Time to hit the gym is right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting news and even more interesting opinion dear Joe

    i find Julia such an inspiration ,yes gym should remain in our routines so we too can live without being embarrassed and dependent just like this wonderful lady
    glad you chose this one to share

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Is Alabama entering a competition with Florida?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alabama is probably a nice place to visit, but going by this, I wouldn't want to live there. Amazing story about 103-year-old Julia. She is such an inspiration! Now I feel guilty for sloughing off those workouts. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the feel good story about the 103 year old. I need to hit the gym myself.

    You can't make these stories up. The world is a weird place and in some places it's weirder than other places.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Joe. ♪♫♪♫

    ReplyDelete
  6. How would a Nigerian gorilla survive in a cashless society?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the feel good story! Man. I hope I'm doing that at 103! - The whole cashless society... There's a story in the Bible about that. Just sayin'.. Happy Sunday, Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bank I worked at 40 years ago was talking cashless society. Not a very rapid moving concept. Doubt I'll live to see it.
    Since Julia only started running at 100, I have a few years to think about it yet. Seriously, what a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the snark! And that 103yr old makes me feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cashless society? At last! My time has come - I'm already there with that one!��

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was the slow news week in Florida, huh?

    ReplyDelete