NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Thursday, July 29, 2021

Enlightened, maybe, but Confused

 

Enlightened, maybe, but Confused



 The other day there was a bit of a kerfuffle about a transgender athlete who will be allowed to compete in the Olympics as a weight-lifter.  The complaint by some was that a transgender athlete, in this case a male transitioning to female, would inherently have an advantage over the female born athletes.

First of all, I never thought I would ever use the term “female born.” I have spent most of my life with a gender mind set of male, or female.  I came eventually to learn and accept that some males preferred to have sex with other males and some females prefer sex with other females.  It is confusing to me, but I understand it.  Actually, gay male sex is confusing to me; lesbianism makes perfect sense.

I must be enlightened. 

Then I learned that some males and some females would have sex regardless of genders, they had no preference.  OK, confusing, but as long as people are happy, who cares.  I have known several people that spent a large portion of their lives living a gender preference lie.  They were miserable.  When their preferred life style became more acceptable they changed teams and are now happier.  As Martha would say, “It’s a good thing.”

Back to the weight-lifter.  I can see both sides of the argument.  Female born athletes would have a disadvantage against the strength of a male who changes to female.  On the other hand, doesn’t the male turned female deserve the chance to compete?

My position is, if you have chosen to have your penis cut in two and reshaped to a fake vigina, is lifting-weights in Japan really so important? Seems like nothing compared to changing a perfectly good penis into a probably unattractive vigina.

I recently saw another article which explained the 11 different gender types and the associated pronouns to address these people.  The Gay/ Lesbian community is now the LGBTQQIP2SAA community.

 
LGBTQQIP2SAA stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, queer, intersex, pansexual, two-spirit (2S), androgynous and asexual. Two-spirit is term used by some indigenous North Americans to describe those who fulfil a traditional third-gender ceremonial role.

No, I did not make this up.  And how did queer get in there?  I thought that was a politically incorrect designation.

OK, I am not enlightened.  What I am, I just learned is cisgender.

What is cisgender?  It is apparently someone who identifies with the same sex as the sex they had at birth.  I mean, when I apply for something and they ask for my gender and I put “cisgender”, it now requires another question:

“If cisgender, what was your given sex at birth?

Basically, cisgender is otherwise known as most people, or normal; though “Normal” is a derogative term when applied to gender.  I don’t know about you, but I think this term is totally ridiculous. 

Confused yet?

I think the gender alphabet should be LGBTQQIPS2AAN.  Why not add normal to the mix.

How did it suddenly become so complicated? 

Look, I don’t care, cuddle whomever you want, as long as it is consentual, I’m fine with it…confused, but fine.  I say no to children, dead people and animals, that cannot be consentual, otherwise enjoy.  None of my business.   

Is that enlightened?

 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Eleven different gender types now?? The world has gone crazy I think. As for cisgender, that's a totally useless name if you then have to again clarify male or female. Just write male or female and be done with it. I'm not a girly girl, with the pink and the frills and dozens of shoes, but I'm definitely still a girl. A normal girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's insanity. And who knows what’s next. I wouldn’t rule out the animals. I’m certain there are those who think they should have been born a horse and all that comes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the end of the day, a male is still a male and a female is still a female, no matter what they might want to be classified as or how they want to change their body. Dig up a dead male or female 100 years from now and genetically test them and they will still be male or female as from birth no matter what their bodies might look like.

    I don't like all the stuff with gender, etc. but I respect an adult who decides that they might be more comfortable as the opposite sex of what they were born as. However, I think it should be that adult that makes the decision and parents of young children should not be deciding to put their children on puberty blockers because their child at the age of 4 years old might have said a few times they wished to be a girl instead of the boy they were born as. I cite a case of James Younger in Texas whose "witch" of a mother wants him to transform to a girl (he is currently 8) because he mentioned when he was younger he wanted to be a girl (mainly because he liked the "girl" toy that came in the Happy Meal that week more than the boy toy) Its insane what the "mom" wants to do with starting him on puberty blockers soon, etc., and the courts just might let her though the dad is fighting his hardest to stop it. That I think becomes everyone's business since it includes the category you mentioned above with children.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Confusing isn't it? Your last paragraph sums it up perfectly for me, especially with those exclusions. Well done Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't understand why we need to know these "facts" about everyone. Does it affect the purchase of my daily 44 oz Diet Coke? No. I will buy it from whoever sells it to me, with a polite thank-you, not needing to know what's in their pants, or who they cuddle with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Val, but step a little further. I do not reognize anything other than male and female. the rest have their rights to beleive as they wish but, I refuse to recognize them in their assumed role. A clown is still a male or female under the facade.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As my daughter the army medic says, identify as whatever you want, but when the medics are treating you, tell them what parts you are supposed to have so they know. Also, she does not prefer to see boy parts in the women's showers, thank you.

    Tennis great Martina Navratilova pointed this out years ago, how eventually we would have people born male competing against females and having an unfair advantage, and she was reamed up one side and down the other. She knew of what she spoke.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a female, I do not agree that transgendered men should able to compete as women. They DO have an unfair advantage in competing with women ~ it really doesn't matter if it's weight lifting, track and field, etc. It really ticks me off.
    I recently saw that a trans won a beauty contest in Nevada. Now the only thing that made me upset with that was, dang he/she was prettier than most women I know, haha.

    ReplyDelete