NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Monday, September 14, 2020

FLINTSTONE FLAW

 

FLINTSTONE FLAW



Mrs. C is a very intelligent woman…no really, don’t judge by who she married, she apparently has a thing for old jerks.  Really, she is very intelligent.  She often shocks me with her knowledge of obscure “Jeopardy” questions, and yet, sometimes I wonder…

The other day I caught her watching that old cartoon show “The Flintstones.”

“Why are you watching that crap?”

“I don’t know, I used to have a “Dino” doll from the show when I was a little girl, I guess I just retained some affection for the show.”

“It was a horrible show.  After about 15 minutes the humor of everything being related to a rock was a bit stale.  Mr. Slate, Pebbles, Barney Rubble, the town of Bedrock, he worked at a quarry, etc. etc.  All those modern conveniences that were performed by different animals…very funny, for about two minutes!”

“Well I liked it, except, do you know there was a flaw in the show.”

This an example of where I question Mrs. C’s intelligence.

“A flaw in the Flintstone show?  A flaw, as in “A” single, just one flaw in a show where his pet was a sabretooth tiger, where they drove pedal cars, where a bird acted as the needle on a phonograph, where CAVE MEN SOMEHOW LIVED A LIFE WITH MODERN CONVENIENCES YET THERE WAS NO ELECTRICITY AND NO GASOLINE ENGINES, a flaw in that show?”

“Yes, there was one thing that always bothered me.”

“One thing?”

“Yes, you know what it was?”

“What IT was?  There were at least seven thousand flaws in the show!”

“One really big one.”

“Please tell me, what was THE flaw in the Flintstone Show that has troubled you for these many years?”

“You know that car he drove?”

“Yeah”

“Well the fork on the axles faced both forward and backward.  When the car moved, no matter forward or backward, one set of wheels would have to simply fall off those forks.”

“And that is what you find unrealistic in the cartoon.”

“Yup, otherwise I always like that show.”

Sometimes in a relationship you have to overlook some things, this is one of those things.

On the other hand, it was a rather poor design, how do those wheels not just slide off the forks?

While were at it,  how did that thing turn?

Crap, now she has me doing it.

 

 

18 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have gotten this with the axle. I wonder how many would have after watching the Flintstones? Very observant and smart that Mrs. C is!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED The Flintstones and of course everything was rock-related, they were STONE age people. I never gave a single thought to the axles on that car though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha. I still love The Flintstones and The Jetsons! I overlook all of those flaws but if I see an airplane in the background of a western I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the rock references! I hated The Great Gazoo. The show really jumped the sharkasaurus when he showed up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha
    i enjoyed it so much ,i used to watch this show with my eldest son for years on national tv

    missed you dear Joe
    hope all is wonderful at your end
    blessings to you and family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And another thing ... this is important JoeH. A scientist friend of mine pointed out that using your feet to move the car forwards is counter-productive. The whole purpose of the car is to save you energy as you move forward. In Flinstone's case he is using his energy to move forward himself, the car and his passengers. This is all excess weight and it would have been easier and quicker if he just walked. My scientist friend also explained that the car needs a better system of propulsion; perhaps putting hamsters in the wheels which would turn them round in synchronisation thus enabling the vehicle to move forward, or backwards.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Joe. I've missed you. I watch things on TV like the Flintstones but I'm definitely not observant enuf to notice the axles. Mrs. C is quite the woman. Keeps you on your toes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sitting here shaking my head, hahaha!! This reminded me of when I got a new Honda Civic coupe in 2002 and drove to my mom's house to show her. She was just heading out to the store, so I told her to hop in & I'd take her. She got in and said "Now I know how Wilma Flintstone must've felt!" She just wasn't used to her feet being inches from the road :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I remember correctly, The Flintstones were on Friday nights and I looked forward to watching it. Yeah, I was one of those annoying Yabba Dabba Doo kids. Living in fantasy has helped me get through manny tough days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha good catch Mrs. C. I did watch sometimes but not a lot. I'd have never caught the axle mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The fact the fred's feet moved the car wasn't a flaw? LOL I loved Fred and Wilma and did you know it was based on the Honeymooners?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't tell anyone but I like fruity pebbles cereal..just our secret Ok? Your wife is a hoot! And smart!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What i always wondered what was kept the wheels turning after he pulled his feet back up off the ground after starting it. Anyway, it was a rather silly show, but popular. Once while in Greece, i happened to walk past the lounge area of the hotel and several Greek men were watching the TV, tuned to the Flintstones, dubbed in Greek. They were enjoying it immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with Messymimi - I always wondered how the car kept moving after the initial "push off". Tell Mrs. C, for me, that the axle thing is a magnificent bit of logic. As for the show itself, I loved it when I was a little kid but watching now? It holds my attention for one episode and that's that. Of course, I can (and have) watched every episode of The Three Stooges hundreds of times, so who am I to talk?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Let me get this straight - you're complaining that A CARTOON is unrealistic? Who'd a thunk it?

    Do yourself a favor and stay away from the Roadrunner; the way Wile E. Coyote always runs 50 feet into the air off the edge of the cliff before he realizes that he's walking on air would drive you nuts. . . Or when WEC would paint a tunnel on the rock face, and the Roadrunner would just run into the 'tunnel'. But then. . . IT'S A CARTOON. . .

    And of course, Margaret knows - The Flintstones is just a pseudo-Stone-Age, cartoon version of The Honeymooners. Only Barney isn't quite so goofy as Ed Norton. . .

    ReplyDelete
  16. Should Fish More comment deleted unread...why do you bother...go away!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good for your wife! Whatever makes us happy we should do. I figure staying as happy and healthy as we can is my husband's and my main job now...so our daughter doesn't have to worry about us.

    ReplyDelete