NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Monday, September 28, 2020

Lighten up Old People

 

Lighten up Old People



I started this blog thing nine years ago.  In those days everyone was blogging.  Blogging was the snap thing, the tic-toc, U-Tube of the time.

Blogging was kind of new and people thought they could actually make money blogging.  I think maybe some people did make money from blogging, but they were either famous already, had talent or had a specific niche.

Early on, most of my readers were young people, especially young moms.  These young people seemed to find many of my posts to be humorous and their comments reflected that.

Many of my posts take a simple situation in my life and for the sake of humor (hopefully) exaggerate a bit or maybe even change a fact or two.

As the years have gone by, somehow my readers have aged a bit.  They have gone from young moms to Old People.  Now don’t get your drawers in a bunch, I am an Old People myself, I love Old People we just have a different perspective on life.

Where as younger readers found humor in my blog posts, Old People want to problem solve.

Instead of,

“That was funny, made me spit out my morning coffee!”

I now get,

“I would never put up with that, what you should do is…”

I used to get

“Oh my, ROFLMAO!”

Today it is more often

“That is terrible, what I always do is…”

Earlier comments,

“That was a great story, I had to read it to my coworkers.”

Often today,

“I think you meant ‘aisle’ not ‘isle’ and you do know that ‘you are’ is contracted as ‘you’re’, and not 'your' don’t you?”

Once upon a time a comment might read

“Oh, I so agree, squirrels are fun to watch.”

Now

“Speaking of squirrels, that ______ (chose a politician) is a big stupid hater, and anyone who disagrees with me is an ass!”

When do people lose their sense of humor and become problem solvers, content editors and political analysts? 

Don’t get me wrong, I love any comments, but I am not really looking for problems to be solved, my grammar and spelling to be corrected or unsolicited political opinions. I guess Old People just can’t help themselves.

What you should do when commenting on a post is…wait, am I doing it now?

See, I am an Old People too.

12 comments:

  1. It is so much better to laugh than complain. However, aging seems to bring out the latter.

    You always make me laugh, Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the humor coming Joe, we kind of need it. Unashamed old person here. Bear with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone seems to have an opinion anymore and their opinion is the only one that counts and if you don't agree with it you're a doo-doo head. I get it.

    Have a fabulous day, Joe. 😎

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what you ought to do---------

    lol, people do tend to offer advice too easily. My older brother passed. His equally older friend wants to help me with everything about my brother's house. If the man had not been such a good friend to my brother I would tell him I can burn the house down if I get the permits.

    But, I listen, smile and thank him.

    I enjoy your humor. It's a shame people think it is meant for correction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come to think of it, there are many places where I have corrected co bloggers (pointing out some facts they quoted did not happen exactly like that and it happened like this etc) and they did not like it !!!!!
    End result, they stopped visiting my blogs, or maybe visiting but not commenting on my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog always makes me smile, laugh out loud, or learn something new...like about golf or something. Keep up the good writing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heeheehee! Yep, it's nice to be Old People.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should be relieved that you get no advice from me! Especially if it concerns world geography. I'm still getting over the shock at finding out England is an ISLAND!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll admit that I do find it hard to NOT offer advice, but I'm trying and learning to keep my mouth shut. Most of the time anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahahaha! Guilty! - But no more... :) At least I'll try...

    ReplyDelete