NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

What a Deal


What a Deal

I am always looking for a good deal.  I am about to purchase a new 12 string guitar…Happy Birthday to me.

The guitar I want is not cheap.  It would be nice to find a bargain.  I got very excited when I received this email form the friendly neighborhood guitar store:

Hi Joe,

Just a reminder—there are still a few days left to use your coupon for 16% off a single, non-sale item. Visit your local 
Guitar Centerguitarcenter.com or give us a call at 732-257-8500 and we'll be glad to help you get the gear you need at a great price.

Michael Depko
Manager
Guitar Center East Brunswick

16% on the guitar I am looking at would result in significant savings.

It seems there are a few exclusions:

Exclusions and limitations: $500 maximum discount. Not to be used in conjunction with other coupons, promotions or offers. No cash value. Excludes discounted and clearance items, price matches, used/vintage, tax/shipping charges, scratch and dent, Gift Cards, String/Stick Club and musician services (Pro Coverage, Repairs, Rentals and Lessons).

Products from the following manufacturers are excluded: A Designs, ADAM, Aguilar, Allen & Heath, Alvarez, Ampeg, Antelope Audio, Apogee, Apple, Arturia, Ashdown, Ashly Audio, Avantone, Avid, BAE, Beetronics FX, Blackstar, Bose, Boss, Burl Audio, Catalinbread, Chapman, Crate, Cusack Music, D.W. Fearn, Dangerous Music, Dave Smith Instruments, Dean Markley, Earthquaker Devices, Earthworks, Electro-Harmonix, Elysia, Empress Effects, Epiphone, Ernie Ball Music Man, EVH, Fender, Fender Custom Shop, Focal, Focusrite, Fostex, Friedman, Fulltone, Fulltone Custom Shop, Gallien-Krueger, Gibson, Gibson Custom, Golden Age Project, GoPro, Heritage Audio, ISP Technologies, JHS Pedals, Keeley, Kemper, Korg, Kurzweil, Kush Audio, LaChapell Audio, Lag Guitars, Lewitt Audio Microphones, Lindell Audio, Mackie, Manley, Meinl, Metric Halo, Millennia, Mojave Audio, Moog, MOTU, Native Instruments, Neumann, Nord, Novation, Orange Amplifiers, Pettyjohn Electronics, Phoenix Audio, Radial Engineering, Randall, Rane, Reloop, Reverend, RME, Rockett Pedals, Roland, Royer, Ruach Music, se Electronics, Serato, Shure, Slate Digital, Slate Pro Audio, Slate Media Technology, Softube, Soundbrenner, Squier, Steven Slate Drums, Studiologic, Suzuki, Taylor, Teenage Engineering, Telefunken, Teletronix, Toft Audio Designs, Tube-Tech, Voodoo Lab, Vox, Walrus Audio, Wampler, Warm Audio, Westone, Xotic Effects, Yamaha, ZT.

The guitar I want is a Taylor.

Damn!


17 comments:

  1. That makes no sense to me....10 fingers, 12 strings. How is that possible? And with all those exclusions, what's left?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A 'regular' guitar has six strings; a 12-string has the strings 'paired', ie, six pairs of strings, where one finger presses two strings simultaneously. It's a 'fuller' sound than a six-string, but it's harder to play individual notes, so it's mostly chords and rhythm.

      And it's even worse than you imagine - the ratio is six strings for five fingers, since you chord with one hand and strum with the other. . . ;)

      Delete
  2. Dang! Do they sell ANYTHING that the discount can be used for? Still...get your guitar! It's your birthday gift to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that reminds me, I have not touched my guitar for ages.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was laughing at how many brands are on the list of exclusions. But I did notice that my Martin would have qualified. . . ;)

    A Taylor is a nice instrument to aspire to. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. So the one that is on sale is the ugly one in the corner made from some unknown manufacturer but with a 500% markup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My buddy has a Taylor 12 string. Do yourself a favor - knock off a liquor store and get it.
    R

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a LOT of exclusions, hardly seems worth advertising the discount. I see by your comment to Rick Watson that you got your Taylor AND a discount. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is why Sweetie really doesn't like Guitar Center. He goes to local dealers, or independents online.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated birthday greetings, and hoping the new guitar brings lots of pleasure. As for discounts, bah! I never trust a firm that offers them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol on that list. Why not just say what IS included?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you there, in all the years since Guitar Center moved to the area I have only ever been able to use one of these 'awesome' coupons and that was on something offered by a generic brand. That failed and had to be returned for something better .....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I'm glad you got the guitar. Otherwise, I would have shared my strategy for when I lust after a new piece of camera equipment. Oh heck, I'll share it anyway: I eat a lot of lentil soup.

    ReplyDelete