NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Friday, June 8, 2018

Watch What You Say


Watch What You Say

An obscene cranky opinion for

CRANKY OPINION SATURDAY

The following is the opinion of a cranky old man with little knowledge on the topic opined.  Opposing opinions are welcome but wrong.  As always, please, no name calling…especially that extra offensive word "cunt."

Rosanne is an idiot.  She may be a racist, she may be a conservative, though in the past I believe she has been a bit liberal.  I don’t really know, hell she is just a comedian.  She is very funny and as a lot of comedians, she lives on the edge of nonconformity. 

She must be an idiot because she caused a giant uproar and had her show cancelled because she made a racist tweet about a woman that I and I assume many, many other people had never heard of.  The tweet did not appear to be made in a response to anything, it seemed to be out of the blue…not smart.

Am I upset that she lost her show?  I watched one episode, it was funny but it was not “must see TV” for me.

Am I upset that she is a racist?  I don’t like racism…who does?  Racists don’t like racism, they just don’t see it when it is them.

Several days after Rosanne’s show was cancelled another comedian called Ivanka Trump a cunt.  She also intimated that there was an incestuous relationship with her father. 

I don’t like racism.

I don’t think women should be called cunts, unless they are nasty then I prefer the word bitch. 

Do I believe this other lady should have her show cancelled? I don’t care.  I’ve not seen the show, I can’t even remember this persons name, I had never heard of her before.

I do enjoy all the hoo-ha over the use of these horrible terms.

In an age where foul language is all over TV, movies, books and magazines, why is everyone upset over words? 

Trump said “shit hole country” OMG, the horrors.  Should he have said backward countries, third world countries, countries without running water?  I’m not sure why any of those are better than shit hole.  I have stayed in motels I described as shit holes.  My college dorm was a shit hole.  If your country can be described as a shit hole, maybe you should try and clean it up.  Hell, most of the leaders in shit hole countries are living pretty damn good.

So, getting back on track, is there a double standard, where Rosanne loses her job for comparing a black woman to a monkey, while another more liberal comedian does not lose her job for comparing Ivanka Trump to a cunt.

How about I don’t give a crap. 

Clearly racist comments are unacceptable in this day and age. 

Apparently using the word cunt to describe another woman is allowed.

It doesn’t really bother me, I don’t use the word cunt, I know that many people are offended by the word cunt and think that the word cunt should never be said out loud.

Is saying cunt worse than saying nigger?  Nigger, cunt; cunt, nigger…I think they both are be offensive, especially when used in certain contexts.

Why is it so awful for a woman to be called a cunt while calling a man a dick is no big deal?  Some men are proud to be dicks, but no woman admits to being a cunt.  Is cunt worse than pussy?  Is it ok to say “Ivanka is such a vagina?” As a man it is better to be called a dick than a penis-head and I have been called both so I know.

Words and their power to hurt or offend has always been interesting to me.  Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me…but if I was black and you called me a nigger, I would kick your ass.  If I was a woman and you called me a cunt, I would scratch your face and pull your hair. 

In this day and age it is probably best to just keep some words to yourself.  Stop tweeting, stop blogging, stop talking…everyone just behave yourself.

That’s all I have to say today.  Maybe I will have more on Tuesday.  If so, I’ll see you next Tuesday.

The preceding was the opinion of a cranky old man and not necessarily of management Mrs. Cranky.

15 comments:

  1. All I can say is %$@#&*%$!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. Just stop and everyone behave yourself. We learned these very simple rules of life in Kindergarten and if 5 yr. olds can master them there's no excuse for the grown-ups. Also, I only feel bad for the people that Rosanne put out of a job. That really sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like the C word, it makes me cringe every time I hear it. I don't even like reading it. And I can't explain why, there doesn't seem to be a reason, it just seems so terribly vile.
    I saw the first episode of the new Roseanne show and it was okay but I didn't bother watching another episode.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What what words you say, you may have to eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And YP would just scratch their heads or look completely blank over a George Carlin routine. You can not only say those seven words on TV, I'm pretty sure you can do all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. George Carlin ~ oh, how I miss him. He took our dark, dank secret longings and crass words and brought them to the light of day. He was intelligent...so when he brought out a point, it was generally worth listening to. Sandy Bee is nothing like George. Hell, there's no one like George anymore.

    So, Roseanne lost her show and Bee didn't. Roseanne is a conservative, but she comes across as a stupid bully. Bee has some intelligence but her liberal agenda turns me off, I never watch her show ~ nor did I ever tune into the new Roseanne show either.

    When I was growing up, it was understood that a decent person just didn't say those words. The only time I let loose with them, I'm by myself. And even then, I feel ashamed for giving in to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heh, heh! See you next Tuesday! I "C" what you did there. This big hoo-ha is in the news to distract us from something worse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The left pretty much gets a pass on most things. The right, not a chance. I think that's changing. No matter what Trump says it's torn apart by the press. Have you watched any of the white house briefings? It's a war zone and the same questions are being asked over and over and over. They don't care about anything but getting rid of President Trump.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found out you have to be careful of what you say around your phone. I don't mean while you're speaking on it..just sitting next to it and talking to somebody. I made a comment about a Doc I work with that I really don't like. I mentioned he was Egyptian and I wish he would just go someplace else. When I went on Facebook an ad popped up for "Egyptian vanishing cream". That creeped me out. Oh, and I prefer the phrase: "3rd world toilet"..but that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really think that social media has turned everyone into a 'mean girl.' I don't remember people being this horrible to others when I was a kid. Rich Little and Laugh In was not about being mean. Or am I just remembering things wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with It's.a.crazy.world...George Carlin was and always will be THE KING. Er...no offense Elvis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Name-calling by descriptive derogatory labeling for incindary purposes, or lack of a more expansive vocabulary, deserves little more than just ignoring the word(s) whether in print or being verbally expressed. If I don’t like the words, I don’t give them the power.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I blame the media for everything and now you know why I abandoned Facebook and Twitter. The world used to be beautiful, I'm not so sure now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think we all should learn to look over what we're about to say, post, tweet, or write...maybe twice.

    ReplyDelete