NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

So Much Sadness

So Much Sadness
Texas, Florida, Mexico, Puerto Rico and the Caribbean, and now Las Vegas.  I’ve got nothing to say.  I don’t see answers, I don’t know who to blame.  I’ve got nothing to say. 
North Korea, slavery, poverty, famine, inequality, hatred…I have nothing to say.
Weather, politics, terrorists, guns…I’ve got nothing.  Nothing but sadness.  I’ll let others sort it out. 
I am not particularly religious.  I don’t know or pretend to know what happens when our time is up.  I don’t know why God lets these things happen.  Maybe when the time comes, I’ll find out. 
“Oh, so that was the plan, that’s why God allows this to happen…now it all makes sense!”
For now, I’ve got nothing.  I’ve got nothing to say. 
I’ve been one of the luckiest persons to ever spend time in this world.  I know it, I appreciate it.  I thank God, but I also wonder,
“Why, why have I been so lucky?”
I have no answer, I’ve got nothing to say.  Perhaps the time will come when all is revealed…perhaps there is nothing but nothing. 
We are but a tiny speck in a universe that knows no limit.  Our time is but a blip in a great unknown.  
The world is a wondrous place.  There is so much beauty, so much to rejoice in, but for now there is just sadness.
We have sunlight, we have family, there are puppies, there is love, there is laughter. 
I want to hold on to all that is right and wonderful in this world, but for now there is so much sadness, and I have nothing to say.

18 comments:

  1. I'm with you there. So many questions...so few answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After Hurricane Harvey hit here in Houston last month, I thought the same thing. I was fine, my family all around town was fine... but so many other people weren't. It was just dumb luck.

    As you say, I'm just a speck in the universe. Why one speck should be so much luckier than other specks doesn't make any sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things happen according to plan. Not yours or mine, but God's. So be it. When my time comes, whenever that might be, I'll be good with it. It's part of The Plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart grieves, too. Yes, i believe we will know the reason someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps all these things are happening because God is taking naps all day. He is pretty old (*~*)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to write a post about why our world is evil, but couldn't quite get what was in my head down onto a piece of paper. God is sovereign and he allows what he allows. We'll never know this side of eternity why this happened or that happened or why I have it incredibly good and there are people dying of hunger in another part of the world. God's ways are not our ways. He sees the bigger picture, we just see a part. In the meantime, we grieve with those that are grieving, pray for those that need healing, and hopefully are grateful for that which we have been given.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of people feel as you do, Joe - including me, at least to a certain extent. My belief in God is solid and my trust in Him carries me often. I believe that, sometimes, we just don't see the blessings around us (and I admit, it's especially hard in the midst of what is hard to imagine as anything other than great tragedy.) May His blessings be apparent to all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynn Anderson had a song "I Never Promised You A Rose Garden". And that is life. God only promised us it would be worth it. We don't understand the whys or wherefores of all these horrible disasters but we do see all the good people who step up and risk their lives to help. Disasters bring out the good (as well as the bad such as looters) but it gives us hope for mankind. My heart aches for our world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am too sad to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so with you. My heart is just heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I believe there is opposition in all things. Yes there is such sadness all over the world as there has always been since the beginning of time. But, as you say, there is beauty and goodness too. We truly appreciate the good in our lives after coming through trials. I'm not sure God is suppose to take it all away, just help us get through the mess. Sort of like: "Here, I created all this for you so you take it from here and try to make it better." There's a backside to freedom of choice. Heroes rise from the all the bad and that's what I try and focus on..those who give the ultimate sacrifice and give me hope in mankind.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You said it Joe, right now all we can do is focus on the good things in our lives and enjoy one another. Well said my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You said all the thing I think these days. I was going to write exactly what Harry Hamid wrote in his comment (except, of course, with Hurricane Irma). There were days when I felt guilty for having electricity restored to my house the day after the hurricane went through.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I sat down at my computer to do a blog post about what happened in Vegas. But I had nothing to say. My screen was left blank. You, however, when you have nothing to say, you say it so well.

    ReplyDelete