NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Friday, December 29, 2023

Famous Living People I Admire

 

Famous Living People I Admire

 

It is that time of year where we remember all those famous people who have recently passed.  We have lost some good people for sure, but I choose to honor those famous people who are still with us and hopefully will be with us for a long while.

 

FAMOUS LIVING PEOPLE WHOM I ADMIRE

 

I am a bit cautious with this list as many people who I have admired in the past have turned out to be complete asshats.  Most notably Bill Cosby.  I keep in mind that any of these most admirable persons may have a private persona that is the antithesis of deserving admiration.


I start with sports, a category notorious for its share of jerk-weeds:


Aaron Judge – Beyond being a great athlete and a Yankee, Judge just seems like a stand-up guy (and he stands up at six foot seven).  Always a smile, never a bad word about anyone. Judge often plays catch with kids in the stands between innings, he never shows up the pitcher after hitting a bomb of a homerun.  He strikes me as a polite, friendly, gentle giant.



Shaquile O’Neal – Another huge person of an athlete.  Retired as one of basketballs greats, he is successful in business, is very humorous, managing to poke fun at himself in commercials while still maintaining dignity. 

He owns up to mistakes in life, and just seems to have good head on his massive shoulders.

Google “Shaq quotes” to get a feel for this guy…examples:

“I’m a combination of the Terminator and Bambi.”

“If I were a painter, you’d be calling me Shaqcasso.”





Riley Gaines – This young lady is reviled by many for her stance on transgender athletes.  After spending 15+years becoming an elite swimmer, she has taken a stand against six foot four men taking hormones and declaring themselves as women to defeat real women.  It is not just the unfair advantage these trans athletes may have, Riley also objects to their locker room presence…yes, these “women” still are very much male below the waist.

Anyway, right, or wrong, whatever your position on the subject, this young lady is courageous regardless of attempts to cancel her or even cause bodily harm for her opinions.  She is also real cute. (A sexist would say!)



Tough to find anyone in politics, but I found two:

Robert Kennedy Jr. – Much aligned for his position on vaccines, because apparently challenging science is despicable, even though the definition of science:

The systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation, experimentation, and the testing of theories against the evidence obtained.

Pretty much requires questioning.  “A fact is anything that has not yet been disproved.”

Anyway, he is willing to go against the grain of his own party, seeks to unite, not divide, and if not for his creaky voice condition might be a successful candidate for President. Plus, I just like the guy!



Senator John Kennedy – Love his down-home country wisdom.  He can cut an opponent off at the knees without them even realizing it.

Just a sampling:

"If you believe that tax policy has nothing to do with the economy, you're pretty much like a rock -- only dumber."

"My attitude is if you hate cops just because they're cops, then the next time you get in trouble, call a crackhead. That's the way I feel about it."



Entertainment:

Dolly Parton – That’s all I have in this category.  Who does not love Dolly?  Super talented and classy in her own country over-the-top non-classy way.  She seems to not let her fame get in the way of ever changing from the same old big-hearted Dolly.

“I don’t mind being called a dumb blonde, cause I know I’m not dumb, and I know I’m not blonde!”



Philosopher –

Tyrus – This ex pro wrestler, body guard turned Fox News philosopher is often spot on with opinions in an always humorous way.  Most of you probably do not know of him…your loss.



World Leader –

Volodymyr Zelenskyy  - This choice may turn out to be the next Cosby, but so far I admire his courage, conviction and love for his country and people.

With Russia heading for Kiev promising to rule the country and eliminate Volodymyr, he was offered safe passage out of Ukraine.  His response,

“I need ammunition, not a ride!”



Actors:

Still looking!

Happy New Year everyone! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Philosopher- Tyrus

World Leader - Volodymyr Zelenskyy

 

 

Actor – NONE

 

11 comments:

  1. I agree with your sports choices. I may be biased since I'm an enormous NYY fan but he's a lot like Jeter in the sense that he doesn't get bogged down in the chatter, he doesn't take the bait either, won't talk bad about anyone even when they deserve it. Just a class act. I never heard these comments from Sen. Kennedy but I find them hysterical. Dolly too, c'mon who doesn't love Dolly. I saw the flack she was given because she is something like 77 and wearing the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader outfit. Damn if you've got, flaunt it I say!! And while I agree with you about the courage for Riley Gaines and I agree with most of what she says. But some transgenders are female below the waist too. They could have had the surgery. Most do if they are going that far. But I get her point. I just don't agree. But that's okay the rest of what she says I agree completely. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, if you change all the way, then I guess compete, Riley's competitor still carried all the male baggage. Mostly the trans stuff is too confusing to me to have an educated opinion...as if that ever stopped me.

      Delete
  2. Well put. We're on the same page here. Agree 100%.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of Dolly Parton too, she does good things. I like Volodymyr Zelensky too. Putin should drop dead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dolly has always been a favorite of mine. The competitive advantage is unfair to the women, so Riley Gaines should speak her mind. The skeletal differences can't be changed. The Kennedy Jr. creaky voice is a bit off-putting, but he can't help that. Shaq is a cool guy. I don't know some of your picks, but the only one I can't get behind is Zelensky. Maybe because he was an actor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you on the ones I know. My husband enjoys Tyrus, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are a few choices here I don't know but thanks to you I'll now know them when I see or hear about them. I agree with all your choices that I do know and I wish you and your family a very Happy New Year with prayers and hope for a healthy 2024 and many more blog posts from you that make me smile, think, or laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for introducing bunch of good people I am huge fan of goodness and like to know who share it with world around.
    Happy new year to you and loved ones ❤

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first 3, Dolly Parton, and Zelenskyy. I'm with you. Robert Kennedy Jr. is a big no for me.

    ReplyDelete