NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Sunday, December 11, 2022

Good Thing…Bad Thing…I’m not sure

 

Good Thing…Bad Thing…I’m not sure



On December 11, 2010, Mrs. C.  and I married.  My Brother, the Federal Judge, was our officiant, how cool is that? 

Anyway. 

We were married on December 11, 2010;  12…11...10! Who could forget that date?

Apparently, both of us.

This morning Mrs. C turned to me and said,

“Holy cow, it is our anniversary!  Happy Anniversary!”

“No way!  I totally forgot. I didn’t even get you a card.”

“I forgot too, but I’m pretty sure I bought two cards a few months ago.”

(She always gets two cards, one silly, and one mushy)

We both completely forgot.  Is that a bad thing, or is it a good thing?

I mean I never remember birthdays, even my own.  Most dates are generally just not that important to me.

“It’s your fault, you are supposed to leave some gentle reminders to me a week before the date!”

“I know, I didn’t think about it either.”

12-11-10!  How do you forget that date; and yet we both did.

Do neither of us care anymore?  Are we just that old married couple?

Of course, I snuck down stairs and created a card out of a paper napkin, and tucked in a twenty-dollar bill.  Including money was probably a tacky thing to do, but she got the joke.

She did find the two cards she purchased months ago.

In years past I have given Mrs. C some nice jewelry on this date.  We have gone out to fancy restaurants to celebrate. This day has always been important.

This year, our twelfth, we completely forgot that it was our anniversary date.  We didn't even go out to dinner, Mrs. C had to work.

Has the bloom gone off the rose, or are we just so comfortable in our relationship that we don’t get all nutsy about what is just another day?

Is both of us not remembering this “special day” a bad thing, or is it in some weird way a good thing?

I’m not sure, but you can damn well believe that next year there will be jewelry!

9 comments:

  1. Having trouble commenting. Will try again. I think remembering special dates is more important when a marriage is on shaky ground for it gives the relationship a boost. However, you and Mrs. C are pretty solid so it isn't a big deal that you forgot. Still, jewelry next year might be a good thing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn’t be concerned about it because you both forgot. But yes next year should be BIG. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You redeemed yourself with the paper napkin card, even if you had not included cash. It shows you care enough to make the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ours is on New Years Eve and we still have forgotten once. But if it means the next year I'll be getting jewerly. I hope he forgets. :-) Happy Anniversary - late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Romeo and I were married on December 1, and we’ve forgotten it quite a few times. But with Christmas and Thanksgiving, we rarely get each other gifts. Sometimes we go out for dinner, but not often. I did get him a really cute card one year…..does that count? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you both forgot because every day is special with you two love birds! (Ha! Maybe Hallmark will want to use that!) Anyway, Happy Anniversary to you both and next year will be good to remember since it will be your 13th...lucky day for sure! Hmmm...13, 12, 11, 10

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a good thing. You two love each other, you have each other's backs, and you are a gift to each other every day. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forgetting is bad, but both of you forgetting, admitting and not being upset about it is good. But make an effort next year to do something extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it goes nicely both ways
    You forgot probably your relationship has got mature enough to do so
    On the other hand you both created cards for each other sounds sweeter than jewellery thing to me 😊

    ReplyDelete