NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Saturday, August 14, 2021

Karma is a Bitch

 

Karma is a Bitch



 I am not a vindictive person, at least no more than most people, but I do love a good “Ass-hat gets his comeuppance” story.

My favorite scene from “The Godfather” was the baptism scene at the end when all the heads of the families that conspired against the “Godfather” get wacked.

No, I don’t usually like violence, but when bad people pay a price, I do get a little vigilante pleasure in their demise.  I know, it is still wrong…

I’ll light a candle and move on.

At my work many years ago, there was a manager who held power over maybe 25 people.  To those 25 he was an ass-hat with a capitol “A”.

To his bosses, he was an ass-kisser with a capitol “A”.  

I knew him to also be completely incompetent at his job.

He toyed with the emotions of those who reported to him.  He was a misogynistic prick even in those days where misogynism was accepted by many and tolerated by most women.

When the company was faced with cutting costs, and when computers had reduced the Ass-hats staff, those whose butts he had been kissing determined he was not really very important.  In particular, his direct report saw through him and knew he was worse than worthless, he was a deterrent to productivity.

The Ass-hat was let go, and his exit was not pretty.  Caught by complete surprise he was in tears as he was led out of the building by security.

Did I take pleasure in his exit?  

Oh yes…yes I did.

I’ll light another candle.

This week another ass-hat at a much higher level is taking a walk of shame.  Head held high, but with a sneer, the raging bully, Andrew Cuomo, abdicated his NY Governors throne.

The son of  "Vote for Cuomo, not the Homo"* Former Governor Mario Cuomo fame, hit the karma wall. 

He left as he was accused of assault by multiple women.  He left as he was facing charges of mismanagement of Covid in nursing homes, but mostly he left because he was no longer able to intimidate. 

As charges mounted it became possible to avoid his arm-twisting tactics and his own bullying, power yielding personality took him down.

Will I miss his daily High School Principal style lectures telling us how to behave during a pandemic where he screwed up so badly?  No.

Will I take pleasure in his demise, his disgrace, his precipitous downfall?

Yes.  Yes, I will.

I’ll light a candle.


*Mario ran against unmarried NYC Mayor Ed Koch who was suspected by many to be gay.   He did not endorse the "Vote for..." but he did not discourage it either.  He was also a bully.

 

15 comments:

  1. I like your post, there is something I enjoy when a bully's reign ends. I think the Gov could face criminal charges for the deaths of thousands of seniors when he had Covid patients sent to the nursing homes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three candles in one day. Are you Catholic?
    Karma sometimes takes too long, but she gets there in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And as always, his non-apology “apology.” When it comes to politicians, I love nothing better than to see them go down in flames.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is truly satisfying when those who should be brought down finally are. Suddenly the air is easier to breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope his brother gets let go from CNN. I'd light a candle for that too.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked your story of the ashat you worked with. My dad always advised to work hard and do a good job. When they cut the work force, they have to keep the workers. All the butterflies will be thinned. Well at least that is how it should work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like when Justice is served. My x boss is someone who will one day be walked out. I know many or most of my coworkers will not only cheer but also light NO candles! You are right about karma.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is particularly satisfying to see such an individual get his comeuppance. I am still waiting for one of my old superiors to receive that gift from Even Steven.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have known several bullies at work. All of them were eventually let go in disgrace.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. He also left because the “left” needs to deflect and Cuomo helps detract from the rest of the headlines. Unfortunately, they need another Cuomo to deflect from Kabul’s fall.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is good to see evil called evil and removed from power. It makes me sad because everyone was a child once who had potential to become so much more than evil.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As I took immense pleasure in this post, light an extra one for me, will ya?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Andrew can now spend his time in the Hamptons with his little brother and Matt Lauer. Oops, there goes another candle. Or two.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I recall one boss I worked for back in my younger days who was so universally despised that (the joke went) they had to install a take-a-number system to manage the line of those waiting to piss on his grave. . .

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish I could have been around to see some I knew bite the dust in the workplace.

    ReplyDelete